Room 25 News Update - May 2013
We made it through STAR Testing! Hooray for our kiddos!
Important Dates and Information for Room 25
- Chapter 4 Science Test, Friday 5/17. Parent signature sheet was sent home today and is required for proof of studying! Chat with your child about it!
- May 17th - Last day to enter Books and Beyond reading pages to earn a gold medal!
- MAP Testing: Reading portion will be held the afternoon of Thursday, May 16th.
- Ocean Week: 5/20-5/24...see below for more information, assemblies, and volunteer opportunities.
- OPEN HOUSE / Spring Fling / Art Show CHANGE OF DATE: Wednesday, May 22. See below for specifics.
- Memorial Day Holiday - no school on Monday, May 27.
- Gold Medal Ceremony for Rainville's class + 5th & 6th grades: Thursday, May 30 @ 8:45am in the FAB.
- MAP Testing: Math portion will be held the morning of Thursday, May 30th (following the Gold Medal Ceremony).
Ocean Week is Coming! 4th Grade Ocean Habitat: Kelp Forest
Mrs. Phillips has also been coordinating volunteers who can shop, prep, and help in our science labs. Keep an eye out for an email outlining volunteer opportunities still available. It will be an exciting week for all! :) Please feel free to attend any of the assemblies scheduled for Ocean Week:
- Opening Ceremony: Friday, May 17 @8:30 on the blacktop
- "Brown Assembly" 4th - 6th grades: Friday, May 17 @10:45 in the FAB
- Closing Ceremony: Friday, May 24 @8:30 on the blacktop
Student Snapshots...Just a few of our students working with their peers and using technology to enhance their Math Review experience before STAR Testing!
Open House / Spring Fling / Art Show
The Spring Fling and Art Show will also be held on campus the same night! Festivities kick off at 6:00 and run until 8:30. Please visit the art show in the FAB, each child in our school will have an art piece on display. It is a very fun night for our school community!