What's up in 2D!
Weekly happenings in the life of a second grader
Lunch Room Helpers!
October 21st - October 25th is Red Ribbon Week!
Monday- Team up against drugs! Wear your team jersey or uniform!
Tuesday- Our Future is Bright! Wear neon colors and crazy socks!
Wednesday- Dress for college success! Go all out in your college colors!
Thursday- Character is our Super Hero! Dress like a superhero!
Friday- Go all out RED! Wear red clothing!
October 25th is the end of the 1st Nine Weeks!
October 28th Homework begins! Look for more information about this coming soon!
2. We will not laugh at or make fun of a person's mistakes nor use sarcasm or put downs!
3. We will use good manners saying, "please," "thank you," and "excuse me," and allow others to go first.
4. We will cheer each other to SUCCESS!
5. We will help one another whenever possible!
6. We will recognize every effort and applaud it!
7. We will encourage each other to do our best!
8. We will practice virtuous living using the life principles!
The Life Principles
2. Effort -doing one's best in an endeavor. Ask your learner if they are giving their best effort at school!
3. Compassion: ability to share another's feelings or ideas.
4. Respect - paying proper attention or showing consideration to others.
You are a genius and the world needs your contribution!
Liberty & Benny!
Liberty was nominated to take Benny home by a classmate. She was nominated for following expectation number 5! Great work Liberty!
Two classmates worked together to create this dinosaur during E-Time last week. I love the spikes guys!
Here's what we need to KNOW!
Math: This week we are starting something new in math. We will be working to complete our first math menu. Students will be given choices of the activities they wish to complete to demonstrate their knowledge of money. This will allow each individual student to work at his or her own independent level. Ask your learner which activities they have chosen to complete this week for their math menu!
Science: We are finishing up our unit on insects. This week students will have the opportunity to design their own bug in which they will describe its' life cycle, anatomy and adaptations. Can't wait to see what they come up with!
Language Arts: This week we are working on sequencing and retelling the beginning middle and end of stories. We will be working on this task in reading as well as in writing. When you are reading with your learner at home ask them to recall the beginning, middle and end of the book. This will improve their comprehension.
Social Studies: Today we did some research on Christopher Columbus. We learned some pretty interesting facts. Ask your learner to tell you about what they know. We will be using our research to write an expository paper about Christopher Columbus.
- colored copy paper
- 2 sets of ear buds for student use