The Place of your Dreams
Leaning Tower of Pisa
The currency in Italy is the euro. The lira used to be the currency, but it changed when Italy joined the European Union. Since the euro is worth more than the lira, Italy struggled to give everyone the money that they had in euros. One American dollar equals 0.74995 euro. One American dollar equaled 1.77 lira.
Italy has a republic government. A republic government is a government led by representatives of voters. Italy also has a free market economy. A free market economy is an economy that allows business owners to make decisions with little government interference. A republic government and free market economy make Italy an appealing country to live and work in.
- "Italian Tourism Official Website." Italian Tourism Official Website. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013. http://www.italia.it/en/home.html
- “Europe: Italy” The World Factbook 2009. Washington, DC: Central Intelligence Agency, 2009.
- "Italy." CultureGrams Online Edition. ProQuest, 2013. Web. 26 Jan 2013.
- "Create A Graph." Create A Graph. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013. http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createagraph/default.aspx?ID=9b177a0b280e494fb8bc219621958896
- "Romantic Italian Phrases, Italian Love Quotes and Their English Translations." Romantic Italian Phrases And Italian Love Quotes. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013. http://www.romanlife-romeitaly.com/romantic-italian-phrases.html
- "Linguanaut." Italian Phrases and Common Sentences. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Jan. 2013. http://www.linguanaut.com/english_italian.htm