October 12, 2021
Message from Mrs. Diouf
How is it already October? Thank you all for your continued grace, patience, and compassion as we navigate another school year of contending with COVID-19, we appreciate you all so much!
Parent/Teacher Conferences are coming up, look for sign-up information from your child(ren)'s teacher. Parent involvement is more crucial than ever before, please make every effort to attend your child's conference.
Feel free to reach out anytime, I'm here for all of you!
Fuel our teachers and staff during conferences!
Parent-teacher conferences are Tuesday, October 19th, and Wednesday, October 20th - please join other parents in fueling our teachers and staff with breakfast, lunch, or treats during these busy two days.
Text Kristen at 907-209-8445 to sign up.
Food Service Survey
Food services is looking for some feedback on the program, please complete the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FallSurvey21
The SGCS Site Council was created and empowered by the City and Borough of Juneau School Board of Education to represent the membership of the Sayéik: Gastineau Community School community in an advisory capacity. The council shall address issues brought by its membership and by its community members.
Our next meeting is Wednesday, October 20 at 5:00 p.m. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link if you are interested in joining Site Council or attending a meeting.
Sayéik: Gastineau Book Fair!
- Each class will come to visit the Book Fair during their regular weekly library class over the next 2 weeks.
- Students will mask up, use hand sanitizer, and practice social distancing during the Book Fair.
- Students may have other opportunities to browse BF and buy books during enrichment +/or an assigned BF Recess schedule.
- Students are always so excited to purchase their favorite new books and build their own at-home libraries.
- On your student's BF day, please place any check(s) or cash for books in a sealed envelope with your child's name on it.
- Ms. Ferguson also offers teachers several $5-7 Book Fair coupons for special student distribution.
Book Fair is an important fundraiser for the Library so please consider the purchase of new books for your child at our Book Fair! (If you are interested in seeing the BF
collection while students are out of the building please stay tuned -
there may be a sign-up opportunity during conferences.)
And as always remember: Reading is FUNdamental!
Thank you for all of your efforts to keep our school safe and operating in person! As you are all painfully aware, COVID-19 is in our community, please keep your circles small. If your child tests positive or is around someone who tested positive, please call the school so that we can walk through the next steps with you.
- SGCS is using the JSD COVID Protocol. Masks are required for all students and staff while inside the building. At lunch, students have assigned seating, spaced apart from one another. We are limiting the number of students at each table.
- Please use the Daily Screener every morning before sending your child to school.
- Students and staff wash or sanitize their hands throughout the day, including before & after recess, snack, and lunch.
If/when we do have a case here at school, we will work with Public Health to determine close contacts and to the necessary next steps for our school community.
Thank you for doing your part in helping to keep our school community healthy!
The Hilary Lindh Scholarship Application is now available.
The Scholarship award is an Eaglecrest Season Pass for the 2021 – 2022 season and is awarded to 2 students in grades 1st - 4th and 2 students in grades 6th-12th.
Hilary Lindh Scholarship Application - Applications will be accepted through November 3, 2021.
Monday, October 18 - ALASKA DAY, No student/staff attendance
Tuesday, October 19 - PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES via Zoom or phone
Wednesday, October 20 - PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES via Zoom or phone
Thursday, October 21 - No student attendance, teacher inservice
Friday, October 22 - No student attendance, teacher inservice