Let's Talk Skinny
The truth about anorexia.
What Is Anorexia?
- Intense fear of gaining weight.
- Abnormally low body weight.
- Distorted perception of body weight.
Did you know that it is estimated that 4% of anorexic individuals die from complications of the disorder?
Looking for Symptoms
Let's take a step back and look carefully at ourselves and those we know. You or someone you know may suffer from anorexia if any of the following can apply to them:
- Extreme weight loss
- Hair that thins, breaks, or falls out
- Thoughts of suicide
- Social withdrawal
- Severely restricting food intake, through dieting, fasting, and/or excessive amounts of exercise