Gentle Touch Stables Summer Camp
1433 Big Bethel Road Hampton, VA 23666 (757-766-2435)
It’s that time of the year again… Summer Camp! If you or someone you know would like to attend our awesome summer program please read below, we have a program for every rider!
The camp program is commencing the week of June 17th. The last camp session will be the week of August 19th. Each program lasts for five days, Monday through Friday.
Each camp session is limited to a maximum of four students. The staff will attempt to closely match the skill levels of participants for each camp session.
Daily sessions begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 12:00 noon
The cost is $300.00 for each session payable prior to the beginning of the session. It is vital that students attend the complete session to receive full benefit. Refunds are not available for missed days.
A desire to learn more about the control, care and understanding of horses, the facilities and all tack and related horse equipment.
Monday, June 17th 2013 at 8am
Gentle Touch Stables
These summer camps will go on through out the summer, so give us a call or stop by. We are open:
Tuesday-Friday, 8-12 a.m. and 3-6 p.m.
Saturday- 8-12 a.m.
No lessons Sunday and Mondays, but there is almost always someone around!
Each day consists of 2 riding lessons and a new skill to be learned. Throughout the week, students will learn:
- Basic care and safe handling of the horses
- Stall and stable management
- Stall maintenance
- The anatomy of the horse
- Diagrams and pictures (form and function)
- Observing movement of different body parts
- Recognizing soundness (lameness) problems
- Tack and equipment, review and descriptions
- Proper care, cleaning, and storage of equipment
- Learning the correct parts of equipment
- Disassemble and assemble bridle
- Round pen work
- Safe leading and controlling the horse
- Free lunging of the horse
- Understanding body language between man and horse
and of course, Friday will be BATH DAY!
We look forward to a fun-filled and educational summer!
The goal of our camp program is to provide:
- A safe environment for all participants
- Instruction regarding care and handling of the horse
- Instruction and guidance for safe riding of the horse
- HAVE FUN!