By: Kayla Joyner
Population: 146, 519, 759
Type of Government: Federal Republic
Flag contains the colors: White, Blue, and Red.
A beautiful church structure located in Russia's capital.
A dormant volcano in northern region of Russia.
Major Industries: Mining, Military Machinery Manufacture, and Agriculture.
Natural Resources: Timber, Oil, and Coal.
Borders: Norway, Poland, Ukraine, China, and Mongolia (just to name a few).
Bodies of Water: The Black Sea, The Caspian Sea, The Bering Sea, and The Pacific Ocean.
Weather & Climate: Russia has warm to hot summers and very cold (almost freezing) winters.
Culture & Customs
Important Holidays: New Year's Day, January 1st and Russian Orthodox Christmas, January 7th.
Major Religions: Orthodox Christianity.
*Additional Fact: Russia contains a mix of people as well as religions.
- Russia is the largest country in the world.
- Is widely know for its thinkers and artists: Leo Tolstoy, Evgenia Antipova, etc.
- There are about 120 ethnic groups that speak more than a hundred languages.
- At least 80% of Russians can trace back their ancestry to the Slavs.
Hello to Здравствуйте
Goodbye to Прощай
Yes to да
Thank you to спасибо
How are you? to Как дела?
- Kayla Joyner to Кайла Джойнер