IS SOCIAL MEDIA MAKING YOU MEAN?
IS FACEBOOK MAKING YOU MEAN?
Some people say that cyber bullying is not a problem because you can just turn of the computer, don't respond to the bully, and tell a trusted adult to help put a stop to it.
Most teens and children have been through the experience of cyber bullying
- 17% of 6-11 year olds get cyber bullied and 36% of 12-17 year olds get bullied.
- 11% of 6-8 graders admit they have been cyber bullied by someone.
- It is said that it is more girls get cyber bullied than boys do.
- Over 1 million kids have been cyber bullied in the year of 2012.
The most cyber bullying is done on the popular social media networks
- There is a total of 900 million people that are on Facebook.
- On Twitter there is 554,750,000 people that use an account
- The most cyber bullying happens in the state of California.
Most cyber bullies post embarrassing information to make the person they bully feel bad.
- When someone gets cyber bullied they feel lonely, depressed, don't feel like doing activities, changes in eating and sleeping patterns, and are likely to skip, miss, or drop out of school!
- 52% of teens don't tell an adult when they get cyber bullied.
- 25% of teens have been bullied on cell phones.
CYBER BULLYING STATS