Overtraining and Eating Disorders
Information About Weight and Eating Disorders
Click the definitions for links to more information on those specific subjects
Am I anorexic?
- Do you feel fat even though people tell you you’re not?
- Are you terrified of gaining weight?
- Do you feel powerful or in control when you go without food, over-exercise, or purge?
- Do you diet, compulsively exercise, or purge when you’re feeling overwhelmed or bad about yourself?
- Are your friends or family concerned about your weight loss, eating habits, or appearance?
If you answered yes to most or all of the questions contact your doctor and get help.
Am I bulimic?
- Are you obsessed with your body and your weight?
- Does food and dieting dominate your life?
- Do you feel guilty, ashamed, or depressed after you eat?
- Do you ever eat until you feel sick?
- Do you vomit or take laxatives to control your weight?
If you answered yes to most of the questions you should contact a doctor and get help
Overtraining often goes hand in hand with anorexia and bulimia
Eating Disorders - Anorexia Nervosa
Eating Disorders - Bulimia Nervosa