Weekly Bulletin - Week of April 4th
Weekly Principal's Note:
Welcome Back!! I hope that all of you had a restful, relaxing break. This is always a busy time of year, as we make a big push to get all of the standards met for each student by the end of the year...sometimes in two languages!! Beyond that, we continue with new enrollment, re-enrollment, planning and ordering for next year, teacher contracts (coming soon!), and our biggest fund-raiser of the year...the Gala! We have 11 weeks left of the school year and it is my hope that you feel invigorated from the break and ready to tackle the challenges ahead. I, for one, went off the grid last week and haven't looked at email since Good Friday...Monday morning should be a fun one! Have a wonderful first day back.
Pictures from Dempsey's Vacation!!
- First Day Back...Please remember this is very stressful for kids who suffer from anxiety issues. Make sure that you welcome everyone back with a big smile in the morning!! It makes a nice way to start the first day back.
- Lesson Plans should be DONE.
- Open House from 9 - 11 am.
- All School Mass
- Saint of the Day: St. John Baptist de la Salle (Patron of Teachers)..I think we'll be talking about him!! :) http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=153
- Nothing Special Yet...
- Visitation's Annual Auction...Let's Pray for a Good Evening!!
- All of your hard work to make our school great!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS!!
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THESE ON YOUR CALENDAR AND IN YOUR PARENT NEWSLETTER!
Noon Dismissal - Professional Development
Wednesday, April 13th, 12pm
504 South 30th Street
The PD will be done by Dr. Vanessa Tucker (thank you Bridget!!), a specialist on SPED. She will work with us on how we can deal effectively with SPED related issues in the classroom.