Mosaica Online Happenings
November 4-8 2013
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Thursday, November 7th: K-5 Advisement @ 10am EASTERN
- Friday, November 8th: 6-12 Advisement @ 2:30pm EASTERN
- Monday, November 11th: Veterans Day Holiday
- Tuesday, November 19th: Online Paragon Night
- Wednesday, November 20th: Enrichment Day
- Wednesday, November 27 - Friday, November 29th: Thanksgiving Break
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
END OF THE GRADING PERIOD IS APPROACHING!!!!!
Deadlines for the week of November 4 - 8:
o Monday, November 4: Report cards issued by local schoolsoMonday, November 4 – Friday, November 8: Teachers enter PSAP information into Alpine.
o **Note: Daylight Savings Time ends on 11/3/13 – AZ will now only be 2 hours behind Eastern time
oAll Math, Science, Language Arts, and Paragon/SS teachers enter all information into individual PSAPs in Alpine All Math, Science, Language Arts, and Paragon/SS teachers enter all information into individual PSAPs in Alpine
o **Note: Daylight Savings Time ends on 11/3/13 – AZ will now only be 2 hours behind Eastern timeoContinue scheduling PSAP conferences
Staff Spotlight - Machel Shaw
I’m excited to be teaching 3rd grade this year with Mosaica!. I graduated in 1992 with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education. This is my 14th year teaching, and I’ve taught a variety of grades over the years – preK, 1st, 4th, 5th-8th. This is also my 3rd year in online education! I’ve been married to my husband, Troy, for 23 years, and we have two awesome children. Matthew is 21 and is starting his 3rd year of college. He’s a fantastic piano player and plays weekly for our church and youth band. Anna is 16 and is in eleventh grade this year. She has a passion for children in foreign lands and is also actively involved in our local church that my husband and I pastor.
I’m thankful for this new adventure with Mosaica and am excited to see what this year will bring!
Thank you Machel- we are so excited to have you!
Mosaica Online Enrichment Days
Stay tuned for details!
October's Just for Fun Cooking Club recipe was Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! Here's what students are saying:
"I have had this and made them mmmmmmm yum so yummy I loved them. Can't wait to make more." -Nani Yap
"i loved it so much i made it twice "- Majesta Barlow
"I love This recipe!"- Hope Barlow
Enjoy this great fall recipe... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-duran/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/index.html
TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
- Please remember to grade and return work with feedback within 72 hours.
- Please make sure that you are taking attendance in the learning environment daily – this is based on login time.
- Attendance for the month of October and Friday, November 1 (remember per Leigh’s earlier email that we need to finish entire weeks when we enter) is due for for CO & CA in PowerSchool no later than Monday, November 4.
- Advisors and the administration will have PSAP’s created and PSAP data entered for you by the end of the day November 1 – please make sure that your portion of PSAP’s is entered no later than Friday, November 8.
- With the end of daylight savings time, remember that Arizona will only be 2 hours behind EST as of November 3.
Non Charter Mosaica Online Locations:
New for Muskegon Heights - Send all facilitator information to Carla Turner-Laws, the head of school.
Carla Turner-Laws <CLaws@mhtigers.org>
Holiday season is here. Please carefully note the holiday schedule below, and do not assign work due on vacation days.
American School Foundations
November 18 - Mexican Revolution Day
November 25 - 29 - Fall Break
December 23 - January 6 - Winter Holiday
Mosaica International School of Hyderabad
November 3 - Diwali
November 5-7 - Benchmark Testing
November 11 - Veterans Day
November 28 - Thanksgiving Day
December 23 - January 4 - Winter Holiday
Foundation Academy of Mansfield
November 27 - 29 - Thanksgiving Holidays
December 23 - January 5 - Winter Vacation
Muskegon Heights High School
October 28 - November 1 - Fall Break
November 28 - 29 - Thanksgiving Vacation
December 21 - January 5 - Winter Vacation
Arts & Technology Academy of Pontiac
November 27th - 29th - Thanksgiving Break
December 13th - Early Release
December 23rd - January 3rd - Holiday Break
American School of Puerto Vallarta
November 28 - Early Release Day
November 29 - Thanksgiving break
December 19 - January 6 - Winter Break
Q2 Benchmark data should be loaded into the Alpine system by today. When updating the "Individual Student Data" section on your students' PSAPs, be sure to include the Q1 and Q2 data. If you teach K-3, you will also want to include DIBELs scores as well. Remember to click on "FINALIZE SELECTIONS" to include the data you selected on the PSAP. Then, in the appropriate Focus Area (subject), be sure to comment on the Scaled Scores and the growth that the student has made, indicating whether or not they are on track for achieving 1.25 year's growth.
Online Paragon Nights!