A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
PTA Meeting - Everyone Welcome! September 20th at 6:00 pm-Meet School Board Candidates!
Please consider coming to the next Grant PTA Association Meeting. You can vote on the issues before the group if you are a member (forms are in the office and it's $20 for one person and $35 for two) but even if you are not a member you can still come and learn about all the things happening at Grant. It's a great way to stay informed and get involved.
*Plus, all of the candidates running for Petaluma City School Board are invited and some are planning to come. It'll be a great chance to see what their goals are for our schools. See you at the meeting!
Reporting your student absent? You Can Call or Email Us
New Grant Gear!
Do you love gardening and working with students?
October 12th-Shamrock Jog-a-thon
- Go to http://pledgestar.com/grantelementary
- Click “Not Registered For This Year’s Event”
- Enter your name and email address, then click “Submit”
- Follow the instructions on-screen to register students
- When you finish, the system emails pledge requests to family and friends and allows them to make secure credit card donations online. Then, you can track your pledge progress.
Get your socks here...and your ice cream too! Order by 10/5
Grant Shamrock Yearbook! Purchase Before 9/30/18 to Get 15% Off
Those custom pages were so cute last year, we're doing it again! Order now and get 2 custom pages, plus the ability to add in photos throughout the year when you take them.
- Go to www.TreeRing.com/validate 2
- Enter Grant's passcode:1015022997383930
- Regular Price: $22.75
Registration Open For After School Enrichment - 9 Awesome Choices!
- Art With Masters - Mondays, K-3rd. ArtandSoulSchool.com Contact: email@example.com
- Move Over Mozart Piano Lessons - Tuesdays, K- 6th. Register at www.mozartpianolearning.com
- Spanish Class - Wednesdays for K-6th. Register: IESLanguages.org contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lego Engineering - Wednesdays, K & 1st. https://play-well-registration.com/registration/new/72143 Contact Justin Smith: email@example.com
- Martial Arts /Shafers ATA - Thursdays; K-6th SchafersATA.com/programs/after-school-programs/ contact BreSchafer@gmail.com
- Jewelry Making/Julia Anthony - Thursdays; K-6th. firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-364-1406
- Chess Classes through Chess for Kids - Mondays, K-6th. chessclubforkids.com; or call 707-527-6427
- Sewing Classes through Sally Palmer - Fridays, K-6th. To enroll, email email@example.com
- Golf Lessons through TGA - Fridays; K-6th. playtga.com/northbay Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions about After School enrichment: Maryann Pacheco email@example.com
Still Time to Join Girls on the Run!
Important Upcoming Dates
September 20 PTA Board & Association Meeting 6 pm
October 3 Walk to School Day
October 5 Talent Show Tryouts
October 12 Talent Show Practice #1
October 12 Jog-a-thon
October 15 No School - Teacher In-Service Day
October 19 Talent Show Practice #2
October 26 Talent Show
October 31 Grant Halloween Parade (10:40 am)
Thank You's from the PTA:
- Thank you to superstars Nicole Landry and Margaret Scott for organizing an awesome PTA BBQ
- Thank to the Grant staff for helping our PTA board members serve at the BBQ and to Mr. Lal, our awesome and kind custodian for putting in some extra work helping with the clean up.
- Many thanks to Janice Whitaker for the awesome Grant wear and to the Crysdale's for the shamrock logo!
- Jessica Elsey and team - you are getting a good start on the jogathon! Thank you for all your hard work
- Pari Gottlieb - you are a rockstar for always informing us with information on the marquee.
- Thank you to Kelli Blackwell for the work on membership. It's very appreciated.
- What a great author visit! Thank you Copperfield's & Alice Crysdale for organizing and author Greg Van Eekhout for coming to Grant.