Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT)
September 21 through September 23
Your child will be participating in the 2016 administration of the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) which measures students’ verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal reasoning abilities. The results of this test will help assess how well your child is performing and assist with plans to meet your child’s academic needs.
The administration will be delivered as follows:
- Wednesday, September 21, 2016: Verbal Battery - Sections 1, 2, & 3
- Thursday, September 22, 2016: Quantitative Battery - Sections 4, 5, & 6
- Friday, September 23, 2016: Nonverbal Battery - Sections 7, 8, & 9
- Monday, September 26, 2016: Make-up Session
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016: Make-up Session
Thank you for making sure your child is present and on time each of these days. Our staff wants to provide your child with the best opportunity to be successful. Since the formal testing environment cannot be duplicated in a make-up session, it is to your child’s advantage to be at school during these scheduled test days. Once testing has begun each day, no child will be allowed to enter the classroom tardy. These students will be required to make up the test.
Although no studying or preparation is necessary for this test, the following recommendations should help your child do his/her best each day:
- Get plenty of rest
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Be at school on time
- Be prepared (glasses if needed)
Thanks for your support during this important assessment period.
Ms. Debbie Trevino
BCMS Testing Administrator