NEW ZION YOUTH CHOIR
Let the Singing Begin!
Come one, come all...
- Tomorrow, Friday, is our swim gathering. If you not had a chance to RSVP, please do so. This will help us to have a count. The Price's address is 19222 Autumn Garden 78258. Looking forward to getting together from 1:30-3:30. If anyone needs help with transportation, please let me know. We don't want anyone to miss out due to not having a ride.
- Sunday we have rehearsal from 3:20-4:30 in the choir room. We have a place waiting just for your youth.
- While the youth are in rehearsal, parents will have a meeting. Please make every effort to attend. We need everyone's input and support as we plan, prepare and offer some new opportunities.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Looking forward to a great year!
Nona & Ruth Ann
Here are a few items for the calendar as we begin our year.
Sunday, August 25th - Rehearsal 3:20-4:30 / Parents Meeting at the same time
Sunday, September 1st - No Rehearsal - Labor Day Weekend
October, 11-13 - Fall Retreat at Mo Ranch
October 20th - Sacred Sounds and New Zion Spaghetti Dinner
December 15th - Music Sunday with all choirs and orchestra
Youth are searching each and every day...searching for who they are and where they fit.
- The Irish poet, Galway Kinnell, describes St. Francis as "re-teaching things their loveliness." In his poem "St. Francis and the Sow," Francis tells a big female pig, through words and touch and blessing, that she is indeed beautiful-she just can't see it- and most of us cannot see the beauty in ourselves.
- We all can to be mirrors like this, not just for nature, but for one another-and especially for those who cannot see the bud of possibility within themselves.
~from In the Footsteps of Francis by Richard Rohr
We, like Francis, can be a mirror to our youth and each other. We have the opportunity to help shape, encourage and reteach all things their loveliness.
People shape us.
They see the best of me when I cannot see it.
They cheer me on when I grow toward it.
They get in my face when I move away from it.
They encourage me when I'm tempted to give up.
~from The Me I Want to Be by John Ortberg
We hope to see you at the parents meeting on Sunday as we talk about supporting our youth, each other and the ministry.
A Few Mission Trip Pictures
New Zion Youth Choir
This open and welcoming group is for anyone that would like to participate. One does not have to be a member of AHUMC to come and be a part.
For more information contact Nona Schwab.