Compass 2 Campus
Spring 2013 Orientation
HARMONY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Bellingham, WA 98226
What do I do when I get to Harmony?
2. Sign in inside the mentor notebook (this is located behind the counter in the main office, you have to reach around the desk to grab it, just ask the secretaries to help you if needed!)
3. Put on your name tag!
4. Go to your assigned classroom and jump into whatever your class is doing! Take initiative and have fun!
What about when I leave?
2. Sign out in the mentor notebook
3. Fill out your contact sheet
- Use first and last name of students (class lists are in the front pocket of the mentor notebook along with labled class pictures)
- Include all activities from the day including lunch and recess
- If you need to leave your classroom a few minutes early in order to do a stellar job on your contact sheet, do so! It is so important!
What is the dress code?
Attendance is mandatory and super important! If you show up regularly, those kids are going to notice you and take you more seriously! However, life happens! If you are unable to attend a scheduled mentoring session you must contact ALL of the following as soon as possible:
1) Harmony Elementary School
- Emailing your teacher is sufficient, but give them fair notice.
- Here is a link to a page with your teacher's email and the phone number for Harmony: http://www.mtbaker.wednet.edu/harmony/staff.htm
2) Theresa Kingma, Cyndie Shepard, or Karen Marion
3) Michelle Bohlke (Lead Mentor)
You are only allowed one excused absence per quarter.
If absent, fill out an absence form (on Blackboard or in the mentor notebook) and leave it in the front pocket of the mentor notebook. Additionally, any hours missed must be made up!
Below is a link to the Mount Baker School District Calendar, if you are scheduled to mentor when Harmony does not have school, it is your responsibility to make up those hours. However this absence does not count as your one absence! It is excused, but needs to be made up!
- Email me a weekly describing your week at Harmony (I like brief but I love super wordy emails!) Please send me these by Midnight on Sunday
- Mentor (and fill out all your paperwork while your there!)
- Wear your Compass 2 Campus shirt while mentoring! Make sure it shows even when you wear a sweatshirt! (This is a safety issue, Harmony need to be aware of who we are!)
- Complete your Blackboard Response question
- Check your class syllabus for any due dates
2. Go to your mid-quarter check in class
3. Come to a mid-quarter check in meeting with your Lead Mentor
4. Look out for TLA extra credit opportunities and other fun things throughout the quarter!