- Soy protien may help reduce insulin resistance.
- A study in women reported that regular consumption of soy foods was associated with healthy cholesterol levels.
- Results from a new study in China suggest that eating more soybean protein may help prevent and treat hypertension.
- The word Edamame means "Beans on Branches"
- Edamame is consumed as a snack, a vegetable dish, used in soups or processed into sweets.
- The soybean is the highest natural source of dietary fiber.
- Farmers across the U.S. grow soybeans that have been harvested into yields of about 2 billion bushels a year.
- 45 percent of the world’s soybean acreage and 55 percent of production is in the United States.
- Soy ink is used to print newspapers and textbooks.
Makes servings USMetricAdjust Recipe (Help)
- Edamame and Avocdo Spread
1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
1avocado - peeled, pitted, and cubed
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 tablespoonolive oil
1 tablespoonfresh lime juice
salt to taste