Peet Jr. High Newsletter
We Are Cubs!
Welcome To Peet
Hello Parents and Guardians,
I would like to introduce myself to all of our incoming 7th grade parents and students, as well as any other new parents and students to Peet. My name is Chris Kuempel, I am the principal of Peet JH. I hope everyone is having a safe and relaxing summer. Our teachers and district personnel are still enjoying their summer break, but will soon be back at work planning, going over curriculum updates, and designing lessons to engage and enrich our students. I am looking forward to an exciting and productive school year as always. We plan to carry on the traditions for nurturing, educating, and fostering relationships with our students daily as well as growing them academically. Below are a few dates and other information you may find helpful.
Cub Express / Meet the Teacher will be held Wednesday, Aug 3rd from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. This is an opportunity for students to pick up their schedule, walk the building, and meet their teachers. Students must be up to date on all immunizations in order to receive their schedules at this time.
Our first day of school is August 10th - School hours are 8:50am – 4:00pm. Doors will open at 8:15am. If your student is a car rider, we ask that all students be picked up no later than 4:30pm.
We are excited to announce online verification of student registration for the upcoming school year! This process replaces the paper forms sent home at the beginning of each school year. Your verfiication of student registration for your student in Conroe Indpendent School District is now available online. Please see more detailed information below.
I hope you and your students have a great rest of the summer,
Principal, Peet JH
7th Grade Immunizations
Parents just a reminder that Tdap (Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis) and Meningococcal are required BEFORE the first day of school, August 10, 2022, as well as any other immunizations not in compliance with state law. The Department of State Health Services is not waiving the immunization requirements due to Covid-19.
If your child has received these immunizations and you have not sent a copy of your vaccine record to the school, please forward your student's updated record via email to email@example.com or fax to 936-709-9830.
If you wish to receive an exemption for immunizations, please request the form online at https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/exemptions.aspx . The form must be notarized and the original kept here in your student's health file.
Students must have an updated immunization record on file with Peet to receive a schedule on the summer schedule pick-up day.
Enjoy your summer and stay well!
Vicki Wilcher, RN
PEET DRESS CODE
The Verification of Student Registration (you can update parent contact information)
You should have received an email this week with all of the following information. Please remember that the information will have gone to the email we have on file. Please check your spam folder if you did not see the email. If you need to update contact information this is how you will make the changes.
To the parent(s) of:
We are excited to announce online verification of student registration for the upcoming school year! This process replaces the paper forms sent home at the beginning of each school year. Your verification of student registration for Student at Conroe Independent School District is now available online.
How do I get started?
Click this snapcode link: individual for each student
What’s a snapcode?
By clicking on the link , you are automatically entering your child's snapcode. The snapcode is like a key to your child’s verification of student registration for the upcoming school year. You should receive a unique snapcode or snapcode link for each child.
Should I create an account?
- If you’ve never completed an online verification of student registration, you should create an account. This allows you to securely save your work and come back at a later time if necessary. You can use your email address or cell phone number.
- If you already have an account, you can sign in and complete the form. (You should use the same account to complete forms for multiple children.)
Do I have to answer all the questions?
Questions marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or click “< Prev” to return to a previous page.
I’ve completed the form, now what?
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send all of the information you’ve entered to the school. If you cannot click on this button, you will need to make sure that you have answered all required questions.
What if I have more than one student in the district?
Do I need to do this for each child? Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit one verification of student registration and then start another – this will allow you to “snap over” shared family information, which will save you time.
I don’t know what a question is asking.
You can contact your child's school or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any general questions about the form or the online verification of student registration process.
Help! I’m having technical difficulties.
For technical support, visit our PowerSchool Enrollment Family Support at https://help.powerschool.com/t5/reg or email email@example.com or call (866) 752-6850, Monday through Friday, 7 AM - 4 PM.
Meals No Longer Free for All Students in the 2022-2023 School Year
- Federal waivers providing Free meals for all students the last 2 years have now expire
- Parents must complete an application for students to be eligible for Free or Reduced meals
- The online free and reduced application opens July 20, 2022.www.myschoolapps.com
School Meal Benefits: Did you know?
- That when you sign up for free and reduced lunch every year that you not only support your family with a needed benefit, but Irons Jr. High also receives increased funding for the school year. That extra funding is purely based on the number of students who receive service. You are helping your family and Irons Jr. High by completing the application every year. Please do not miss out on these available benefits.
- Applications may be completed on-line at https://www.myschoolapps.com/
- Complete one application per household. Eligibility is based on family income and size, or if the family has a SNAP or TANF number. The guidelines are located on the Free and Reduced Application.
- Parents will be notified if the students are eligible for Free/Reduced Meals.
- Students who participated in the Free/Reduced program during the previous year in Conroe ISD may continue to eat at the same Free/Reduced status for the first 30 days of school. When a new application is completed before the 30-grace period ends, the new status overrides last year’s status.
- Applications may take up to 10 days to process.
- Foster children are eligible for Free meals. Please contact our office with student information for faster processing or fill out an online application.
- Parents must pay for student’s meal until the lunch application is processed.
- You, your children or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply.
- All student financial information is kept confidential in the Child Nutrition Office.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT NAZIA NIZAM (936) 709-8197 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not miss out on this benefit, complete your application before your child loses benefits on September 5, 2022
How can I pre-pay online for meals?
Parents can pre-pay online for meal accounts beginning August 1st, 2022 at www.myschoolbucks.com.
2022-2023 Breakfast Meal Prices
- Student Breakfast $2.00
- Student Reduced Breakfast $0.30
- Non-student Breakfast/2nd Student Breakfast $3.00
2022-2023 Lunch Meal Prices
- Student Lunch $3.20
- Student Reduced Lunch $0.40
- Non-student Lunch/2nd Student Lunch $4.20 (Teachers, Parents, Siblings)
Car Rider Arrival/Departure Procedures
- Form two lines at the entrance
- Merge into one line at the curve
- Please pull forward to the car in front of you
- Only pick up students in the pick-up zone
- Do NOT park and have students walk to the parking lot for pick up
- Do Not Stop in the crosswalk
Peet Fall School Picture Day
The PTO at Peet Jr. High is looking for parent volunteers and board members for the 22-23 school year. Throughout the year, there are fun activities and opportunities to help. If you are interested in helping out, please let us know how you can help. Contact us at email@example.com