Empowering Students: Engaging, Supporting, Succeeding
September 3, 2022
What's Happening in September
- Mon. September 5: Labor Day- No School- District Closed
- Tues. September 6: Teacher Institute Day- No Student Attendance
- Fri. September 9: International Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Awareness Day
- Mon. September 12: Board of Education Meeting 7:15pm- at OEHS or live stream
- Thur. September 22: Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry at Long Beach, 5-6:30pm
- Mon. September 26: Board of Education Meeting 7:15pm- at OEHS or live stream
For complete District Calendar of Events, please click here.
Share a Smile 🙂
Use this simple form to send a virtual smile to any staff member at SD308! The recipient will recieve a nice card including your message- which will brighten their day! Thank you for helping us let our staff know how important they are, and how much we appreciate all they do for our students!
The shortage of bus drivers across our area continues to create issues with timeliness of getting students to and from school. Additionally, transportation for our student athletics and activities is becoming more difficult as the timing of these events requires that students depart before school bus routes are complete. Leadership teams from transportation, athletics, school and district administration are working together and reaching out to other schools to come up with potential solutions to the issue.
How you can help….
Please let us know if you have any contacts within a transportation provider, vehicle rental or leasing company, or other potential solutions to the issue. We want to preserve these important experiences for our students, and need to provide reliable, timely transportation for them.
District & OHS Athletic Director: Darren Howard
630.636.2023 or email: email@example.com
Tony Millard OEHS Athletic Director
630.636.2222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a Bus Driver!
We are in need of several more drivers!! If you don't have your CDL yet it's ok, the district will walk you through the process and even help with the expense!
Bus Route Information
Your student’s assigned bus route is viewable in the Tyler Student Information System. For help with finding this information, view this page.
Not Riding The Bus?
If you student(s) are assigned to a route and you are NOT using bus transportation, please let us know! With the shortage of bus drivers, and the need to combine routes, it is helpful for us to know which students will be using alternate forms of transportation to get to/from school and will NOT be riding the bus. Please complete this quick four question form if we can remove your student(s) from our bus roster. Thank you!
Transportation Phone Line: (630)636-2999 Spanish: (630)636-2986
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications Due Oct. 1
Those who qualify for free or reduced cost meals must complete an application. The deadline to apply is October 1. Information and the application can be found here. This is the same program that was in place prior to COVID-19.
Chromebook Insurance Open Enrollment
It is once again that time of year to obtain coverage for your student's Chromebook, open enrollment is here! The insurance policy is for accidental damage and theft. There is no deductible and it will cover all repair costs and the cost of replacement should it get stolen. With the average repair cost above $50, it more than pays for itself the first time you use it and you can take advantage of it an unlimited number of times during the coverage year.
We highly recommend that every 5th - 12th grade family whose student(s) have a take home device to consider enrolling in this program. Check the flyer for all the information on how to register, enrollment dates, and the cost.
Please Spread The Word- We're Hiring!!
The district still has many job openings! Please help us to spread the word- these are all vital roles to our school system and we're trying really hard to get them all filled.
We have positions that are both full and part-time. There are openings for those with certifications and those without. Entry-level and experienced staff welcome!
If you're interested, we can help match you to a position that works with your interests and availability! Please feel free to email our recruitment specialist for assistance. View all openings and apply at www.sd308.org/jobs.
- Teaching Assistants- General and Special Education
- Bus Drivers and Monitors
- Substitute Teachers
- Crossing Guards
- Recess Supervisors
- COVID-19 cases are not reported by specific classroom, however school data can be found on the metrics page of our website. Cases of COVID-19 are self-reported, these numbers do not contain students/staff who may be out sick but did not report a positive COVID-19 result.
- To report a positive COVID-19 case in a student or staff member, please click here.
- The district's Safety Plan and Metrics can be found on the COVID-19 information page.
- Free Testing is available at several loctions across the state, learn more here.
District COVID-19 Testing
- Old Traughber COVID-19 Testing has ended due to a drop in volume. Please review other testing resources here.