STUDENT NEWSLETTER/December 12, 2022
It's the FINAL stretch!
Are you ready? Are you excited? For what?
It's the official countdown to Winter Break!
I don't know about you but I am going to sleep and relax during break. I look forward to spending time with family and catching up with some friends. It is during this time I am able to reset and recharge for the upcoming semester. What about you? What are you looking forward to over winter vacation?
I'll keep this weekly short and sweet. Check out what's coming up along with some announcements for second semester.
***The next Wolves Weekly will be published on January 9th, 2023.
Mrs. Michelle Padilla
Dean of Students
What's happening this week?
- Wear all holiday accessories
- Western Wear Day
- Math tutoring after school @2:30pm
- Ugly Sweater Day. . . the uglier the better!
- Early Dismissal @1:34pm.
- Guitar/Band Concert @5:30/7:00pm
- Pajama Day
- Dismissal at 11:34 am!
- No school: Winter Break Begins!
- Last day of the semester. Grades are turned in (will be available through Student/Parent Connect. Report cards are NOT mailed home).
*Winter Break: December 16 through January 9 (no school for students).
Second Semester Information
SAVE THE DATES!
First day of school for Semester 2: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
2nd-semester schedules will be released on Parent/Student Connect: January 5, 2023
NO PAPER SCHEDULES will be printed when you return. Check and learn your schedule on Student Connect.
Need a schedule change? The schedule change window will open January 6-13, 2023
- To request a schedule change, students will need to check their CNUSD email.
- All requests must be made on the digital form that will be available on the 6th.
- Students will receive a confirmation of the change in their CNUSD email.
No School January 16, 2023 (in observance of MLK)
It's STILL HERE!
This list will remain till the end of the semester. Remember: The best and only way to stay off the No-Go List is by following our PACK expectations. As a Wolf, you are to be Proactive, Accountable, a positive member of the Community, and exercise Kindness. Unfortunately, if you find yourself on the No-Go List, be advised that you will not be able to participate in any extra curricular activities and field trips.
If you find yourself on the No-Go List, that means you have incurred the following infractions:
- 2 or more F's
- Excessive Tardies: 10+ tardies in periods 2-7
- Behavior: 10 minors, 2 majors, and/or any Ed. Code violation
But wait! You will have the opportunity to work your way off the No-Go List through one of the following options:
- Attend Catch-Up Saturday School and bring your grades up
- Perform Community Service
- Demonstrate proof of improving behavior
However, to petition off the No-Go List, you will need to submit a request to the Dean of Students..that's me, Mrs. Padilla. The Dean will then review the request and respond to the student via email with the next steps of the process. You can only petition off the No-Go List twice per semester.
***If you see or hear something, make sure to SAY SOMETHING to an adult.
What: IDs are to be worn on YOU...and it MUST be your own ID.
When: At ALL times
Where: On campus
Why: For your safety
How: Your ID needs to be on a lanyard around your neck or clipped near the neckline on your shirt. It is NOT to be attached or hooked to your belt loop or your backpack. It must be visible from the front at all times.