"Building Tomorrow's Future Today!"
December 11, 2015
Volume 2 Issue #15
Jenkins & Legere in ARD @ 8:30
HFISD Christmas Choir Concert 6pm @HFHS
Jenkins & Legere in ARD @ 9
Christmas Head to Toe Day
Jenkins & Craft to Region 5 for T TESS informational meeting @1pm
HFISD Christmas Band Concert 6pm @ HFHS
HFE Staff Christmas party @ Mrs. Miguez's house 6pm
Staff Christmas Luncheon 11-1 Middle School Art Room
Jenkins & Legere in ARD @ 8:30
Polar Express Day
Student Early Release
Staff Development- 2:00pm HFE cafeteria w/Mrs. Whitehead (will be technology based, so bring a device)
Furniture Meeting @ HB Neild building conference room @ 1:45 (GLCs, Scogin, Cormier, D. Martin, Jenkins)
Class Christmas Parties- A Cookie Trimming Party
End of 3rd 6 Weeks
Student/Teacher Early Release Day
Twas the week before Christmas and all through HFE,
anticipating Christmas, Students and teachers were full of glee.
The 2nd grade elves, a little mischief helped make,
but the student party on Friday was awesome and great.
And I and my staff and colleagues with cheer,
celebrated the end of half the school year.
And I heard them all yell as they left our long hall,
Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas Y'all.
**Christmas Holidays December 19- January 3, 2016**
Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
Kindergarten "S" Reports due
Beginning of 4th Six Weeks
M.O.Y. Benchmark testing window opens (the window will close on January 22nd)
Report cards go home
RTI Review Meeting
- Please let the office staff and administrators know of any conferences or meetings that you have may have scheduled. This will help us ensure that the correct individual or group is contacted for a meeting.
- Our PTA will be giving our students a bubble recess on Monday for surpassing the $50,000 mark on the read-a-thon. All grade levels will have their recess in the field behind Mrs. Legere's office where 2nd grade usually plays at their normal time. Pre-K and Structured Learning will participate in the bubble recess during their PE times.
- On January 11, our PTA is hosting a "Math a Big Deal" night from 6-7:30pm! This is a night full of fun math activities, that students and parents can do together. We are in need of 20 volunteers to stay that evening to help run the stations, to ensure the success of the event. A representative fronm "Math a Big Deal", will be there to help facilitate as well. Dinner will be provided and you're sure to have a great time! If you can stay this evening, please put your name on the google doc below, no later than Wednesday, January 6, 2016.
- In the movie A Christmas Story, during Ralphie's dream, what causes him to go blind?
- Just a reminder, when you send a student to the nurse, remember to send them with a nurse's pass.
Please list your name if you are able to help out on this evening.
Just for Laughs
- Mrs. Pierson, thank you so much for letting us borrow your large ornaments to hang down our sidewalk! They sure do make our little space festive and bright!
- Thank you to our building design committee for all of your help these last few weeks. Your leadership and communication with the other members of your grade level team is greatly appreciated. We are going to have one beautiful school when it's all said and done!
- Y'all have outdone yourselves this year with your hall decorations! The winners of this year's contest will be announced at our luncheon on Wednesday. Everything looks so festive, you can't help but smile as you walk through the halls! The mischievous elves are great fun as well, you never know what they'll do next.
- Thank you again for all your help with the MS UIL event; I know it was greatly appreciated.