Ms. Foster's Class News
March 7, 2016
Fairmount - Where Effort Leads to Excellence.
- This week we will take the Galileo District Quarterly test in Math and Language Arts.
Book Fair starts this week.
Parent/Teacher Conferences are March 10th and March 15th. Please return the Conference form.
MAP testing - We are tentatively scheduled to take the MAP test on April 25 and 28th and May 2nd and 5th. Please try to schedule appointments on other days.
I will be out on March 14 in the morning only.
* Please consider signing up for Classroom Dojo. You will be able to see your child's daily progress.
Please consider adding 1 or 2 long division problems and 2 by 2 digit multiplication problems to your evening routine. Students need to continue to practice these skills.
Writing: In writing, we will continue writing a Hero's Quest. Lessons will address dialogue and leads.
Spelling: Spelling List 25. Test is Friday.
Math: In Math, we will continue Topic 12. This week will be adding and subtracting fractions and discussing improper fractions and mixed numbers. Please realize that students are expected to simply, or reduce, their answers when possible. The Topic 12 test will be Friday.
- The Topic 12 Math Study Guide is due March 11th. This is a change!!!
- Copies of the Topic Study Guide are on our class website so you can download extra copies as needed. Check out the Math link.
- Students will be using their Google Accounts. Their email address will be: first name initial, last name, last 3 digits of student number @ g,fhsdschools.org
- ex. sfoster456@g,fhsdschools.org The password is: fh student number ex. fh123456
- Students do not have email accounts. The email is used just for a username.
Our class website is:
Use your child's google account to sign in.
Here you will find links to websites that we will be using, copies of Math Topic Study Guides and extra Reading Calendars and other important information.