Family Dean Dolphin Digest Mar. '21
Concurrent Learning Model
Welcome back to Jennie Dean ES - Hybrid or Concurrent Learning Model
Face-to-Face - Learning in person at school
Online Learning - Learning online at home or another location
Virtual Learning - Online Learning outside of the school
Hybrid Learning - Learning online and at school, in person
Blended Learning - Using technology to learn at school, in person
Concurrent Learning/Teaching - Teaching students online and at school, in person at the same time
Roomies - In-person Students
Zoomies - Online or in Zoom students
Welcome back informational video from Principal Kara Grasser - English and Spanish You may have to download the video to get it to play.
Entering and Leaving School
- Bus Riders will be directed off of their busses by a staff member to enter the building safely
- Car Riders will drop off at Kiss & Ride locations at the front of the school as directed by a staff member.
- All students can pick up breakfast in the cafeteria free of charge
- Bus Riders - Students will be escorted to their busses by their teachers
- Car Riders - Kiss and Ride location at the front of the building
- Kiss and Ride will receive a temporary Kiss and Ride Pass and paperwork. Once the paperwork is back in, you will receive the permanent Kiss and Ride Pass. Please, return the paperwork as soon as possible!
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided to all students who want it, free of charge.
- Charge Your Laptop Every Night
- Bring Your Laptop to School (Unless you hear differently from your teacher)
- Please, only transport the Laptop in the case/sleeve provided.
- Remind students to take care of the laptop when they are traveling between home and school.
- Please, talk to your students about how to travel with it on the bus...do not sit on it, even if it is in the book bag and they normally sit on the bookbag.
Please, Be Flexible
- 8:35 - Have students logged into Zoom and in the waiting room
- Teachers will let them into Zoom as soon as they are ready to start teaching.
- Please, be patient with times, especially in the first couple of weeks.
- Students can work in iReady while they wait or may have something from their teacher to do.
- If your teacher is not seen on the zoom screen all the time, that is ok. They are working with students and moving around the room. If you have a question, please work with the teacher to find a system to ask questions.
- Classes may have different Daily Schedules.
- There are new ENCORE/Lunchtimes.
- All Schedule changes will be posted in Schoology.
- ECSE - PreSchool
- VPI - PreSchool
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade - Turner & Smith - Nicolas - Richardson & Stout
- Fourth Grade
New Encore Times
- Kindergarten - 2:35-3:15
- First Grade - 10:35-11:15
- Second Grade - 12:50-1:30
- Third Grade - 9:45-10:25
- Fourth Grade - 1:40-2:20