Julie says,"Say no!"
What is tobacco?
- Tobacco is a green, leafy plant that is grown in warm climates. After it is picked, it is dried, ground up, and used in different ways that can harm you severely.
How can tobacco effect me?
- Tobacco can effect you in many ways, it really depends on what tobacco product you use.
- If you chew tobacco, pre-cancerous sores form inside of your mouth on your gums. It looks like a leathery white patch, this is called leukoplakia.
- If you smoke tobacco products, like cigarettes, your chances of getting many diseases will increase. This includes, Emphysema, Atherosclerosis, Bronchitis,and cancer.
What are those diseases?
- Emphysema can cause the air sacs in your lungs to lose elasticity, this causes difficulty breathing. If you play sports or any activity that involves heavy breathing, you can kiss it goodbye!
- Atherosclerosis can cause your arteries to harden by plaque build-up; it also increases your risk of having a heart attack or a stroke.
- Bronchitis causes the breathing tubes in your lungs swell , it causes a lot of coughing and soreness in your chest.
- The body is full of cells. When you smoke, these cells divide, mutate and grow out of control, this is called Cancer.
Doesn't using tobacco make you cool?
- Using tobacco may seem cool but the effects are far from that. Tobacco will kill you, no joke. And it isn't cool, don't fool yourself, using tobacco is dangerous.
Things in a cigarette
These things in a cigarette are some of the poisons that can kill you
This can is not real, but it shows how this product will cause mouth diseases
Good and bad
This image shows healthy lungs and lungs exposed to tobacco. Notice the difference?
The Truth About Tobacco: How Much is a Life Worth?