September 8, 2022
During Mass, Father Gordon taught us about the Beatitudes and using our talents. From that, I learned you should use your talents in ways that follow God. You should use your talents to benefit yourself, and to be successful. For example, if you get a low A without trying, you can get 100% by studying. - Payton, Grade 7
Father Gordon spoke about using your talents that God gave. This drew my attention because it told me that we can use it for good things, and that we can achieve more. The gifts he gave us are special. - Angel, grade 7
St. Teresa of Calcutta Day
This week, we celebrated the Feast of St. Teresa of Calcutta. St. Teresa teaches us to do small things with great love. Last year, we did several projects under the theme, Small Things with the Saints. Students donated 2,040 packages of child friendly snacks, 112 towels, and 1,310 pairs of child sized socks. Middle school students sorted and bagged the items to be donated to the Mission in Winter Haven to be shared with children in our area. Our 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students made Compassion Cards and added them to the bags. Our students dressed in blue and white and learned about St. Teresa in their classrooms. Ask your child about St. Teresa.
“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
school supply drive thank you
Joyful smiles of gratitude from Mother Gema and St. Joseph alum and daughter of Mr. Art and Mrs. Pack, Sarah Pack! A portion of the school supplies collected on our Friday dress down day were shared with St. Michael's Parish in Wauchula, FL. Sisters in the order, The Servants of the Lord & the Virgin of Matara, serve this community. During the school year they teach Faith Formation five nights a week to over 700 students in grades K -12. Your generous donations will be put to good use. Thank you very much!
mass this weekend
Thank You for sponsoring our police officer
Maschio's - Lunch Program
sjcs concert choir
Students in 3-8th grade have the opportunity of joining Concert Choir. The SJCS Concert Choir performs at various community events during the school year including Carols in the Park, the Christmas program and singing the national anthem at the Rays, Bucs and Tropics games. During rehearsals, students will be developing many vocal concepts such as correct posture, resonance and technique. We will be singing a range of repertoire and work on two and three part harmony. All students interested will need to audition (even if they were in Concert Choir previously).
Auditions: Monday, Sept. 26 at 3:00pm
Rehearsals: Mondays at 3:00-3:40pm beginning on Monday, October 3rd
4th and 5th grade
Auditions: Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 3:00pm
Rehearsals: Wednesdays at 3:00-3:40pm beginning on Wednesday, October 5th
Auditions: Thursday, September 15 beginning at 7:15am
Rehearsals: Thursdays from 7:15-7:45am beginning on Thursday, September 22th
Students do not need to have anything prepared in advance for the audition. Elementary auditions will be in groups and Middle School auditions will be individual to determine parts/range. All students need to audition even if they were previously in Concert Choir. Please e-mail Mrs. James at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thank you!
Cheer Coach Needed
toilet paper rolls needed
Middle School Edge
We invite all middle schoolers to come out on September 14th to a night called Proof in the Paint! The last time we met the students sculpted scenes from popular movies, this time we’ll be exploring the art of music and poetry in our game activity for the night. Proof in the Paint will explore the theory that our universe has a finite beginning. We’ll cover St. Thomas Aquinas and Fr. Lemaître, a Catholic priest and the Father of the Big Bang Theory.
Main ideas for Proof in the Paint include:
· Significant scientific findings support the theory that our universe has a finite beginning.
· Everything that exists has a beginning and something that caused it to exist; using this argument we can logically conclude that there must be something, or someone, who caused the universe to exist — God.
· Through faith we can come to conclusions not only about how the universe began, but why the universe exists.
Join us on the Band App for the calendar and reminders:
Here’s how you can:
1. Download the Band app from the app store onto your phone.
2. Sign-up with your phone number, and set a password.
3. please follow the link below to be added to the Middle School Ministry group.
Service Hour Opportunities
If you, or your pre-teen/teen, are interested in being a part of these service opportunities please email Ashley Brown, St. Joseph’s Youth Minister.
Phone: (863) 294-3144 Ext: 224
Hawk Jr. Cheerleading
Drop off and let us feed your Jr. Cheerleader, teach them a fun routine and then meet us at the field for kick-off at 7pm. K-8th grade, $40 will include everything! Parents, $5 per vehicle to park for the game, $5 for Adult game ticket and $3 for student (non-cheerleader) game ticket. No need to rsvp for yourself, only your Jr. Cheerleader!
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier