Please have iPads ready to be collected on June 1, 2015
*IF ANY IPADS ARE SET WITH RESTRICTIONS, PLEASE CLEAR THOSE BEFORE PROCEEDING
Back up your important iPad Stuff
- Students will need to save any projects that they would like to keep to Edmodo or Email to themselves.
- Students need to delete any unnecessary pictures and videos in their camera roll and delete the Recently Deleted album
- Students need to delete unnecessary emails AND empty the trash:
Mail > Mailboxes > Trash > Edit > check all circles > tap delete
Delete Game-type apps, web shortcuts, or apps that will not be relevant for the next year.
Do not delete Airwatch apps
Add a new Lockscreen Photo to your iPad with you name and picture
1. Scan the QR Code to open the Smore on your iPad.
2. Tap the Sharrow and Open in Safari.
3. Tap and hold in the center of the background image and
choose Save Image.
4. Take a picture of yourself.
5. Open PicCollage.
6. Add the background and selfie from Photos.
7. Double tap on the background and choose Set as Background.
8. Leave the tan border around the image so it won’t be too
big for the lock screen.
9. Move your selfie over the small box.
10. Add your name to the red line under iPad Rules in a readable font.
11. Tap the sharrow to save to Camera Roll.
12. Go to photos and use the Sharrow make the background your
wallpaper for your lock screen. (Be sure to adjust the image
before you set lock screen so iPad Rules is just below the date.)
13. Select Set Lock Screen.
Update iPad most current iOS
- Settings > General > Software Update.
- Make sure iPad is at least 50% charged.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Agree.
- Set iPad on charger while the software update installs and to fully charge.
Check that Passcode is set to 1234
- Click the power button.
- Press the home button.
- Enter 1234 as the passcode.
The teacher should watch as each student checks his passcode.
Put iTunes password in Notes
Check iPad for damages Check iPad for damages
- Screen (Open Notes app and create a new note to check for broken screen)
- Otterbox (cracks, corners broken off)
- Power Brick
- Power Cord
- Headphone port
- Home button
Note any damages on iPad info page.
Preparing iPad for Collection
- Make sure iPad is fully charged.
- Hold the Power button until Slide to Power Off appears.
- Slide the button (do NOT plug iPad in to charger once it is powered down).
- IF NEEDED, replace blue tape (First & Last name).
- Put OtterBox cover on.
- GRADE K, 1, 4 Store iPad, cord, and brick in plastic bag not overlapping.
- GRADE 2 & 3 - Leave Brick and Cord in power strip.
- Place collection sheet in bag NOT covering barcode (see picture).
Clean iPad screen
Bag the iPad Correctly
- Make sure the sheet is inserted in front of the iPad with the information facing out.
- Make sure the inventory code tag over the Apple on the back is visible for scanning as the iPads are collected.
Student Information Sheet
This should be visible and in the bag on the Otterbox Cover side of the iPad.
Inventory Bar Code
This should be clearly visible for scanning as the iPad is checked in.
Kindergarten and First Grade Only!
Erase All Content and Settings
- Make sure Find my iPad is OFF General > Privacy > Location Services > Find My iPad.
- General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Put in passcode 1234.
- Click Erase.
- Click Erase again.
- Allow iPad to restart.
- Turn off the iPad.
- Check for damages.
- Stow iPad with Otterbox, cable, and charger in the bag.