The Texan Chronicle
All that Texan Teachers need to know
Monday Morning Stats
It is April 27, the week after STAAR tests.
Did you have a good weekend?
Are you feeling relaxed?
If not, here are some Monday morning statistics that might brighten your day.
- This is the 1st, and hopefully not the last, Texan Chronicle where you will find answers to all of your burning questions about life here at Davila.
- Counting today, there are five, yes 5 more Mondays before the school year ends. Beyond today, if you need help counting down, ask Mrs. Ramsey. She'll know :)
- Did you know the EOC for Algebra is 9 days away? Praise our Algebra students and help build up their confidence so they will be super successful on their tests.
- According to the Davila calendar there is one more faculty meeting before summer (May 27).
- And....drum roll...Four weeks from today you'll be at home, enjoying your coffee because you have Memorial Day off. Let's hear it for 3-day weekends in the Spring!
8th STAAR reading results
We received our 8th STAAR ELA results and they are as follows:
- 64% of our 8th students met expectations
- 83 of our students failed and will be in SSI (Student Success Initiative ). These students will have 11 days of interventions before they take their second test.
- If students fail the second round, they will attend summer school and have a 3rd opportunity to take the reading STAAR.
A huge shout out to Ms. Loyd, Mrs. Moore, and 8th grade students for all of their hard work!
Davila Student's Corner
I had the blessing of having a few young men excitedly tell me they passed the Reading STAAR last week. They approached me with, "Miss, Miss...I passed. I passed!" The huge smiles across their faces and the pride they carried was spectacular to witness. As we all know, the thanks teachers get are not frequent but they are BIG. Smiles and pride seen on 8th graders is a tremendous feeling. Way to go 8th graders. Way to go!
What you need to know this week
- There is a fire-drill today (April 27) at 12:45. Plan accordingly.
- Algebra readiness tests will be given to our 7th graders this Tuesday & Wednesday in Mr. Leigh's classes. Encourage our kids to do their best!
- Heather Reynolds' wedding shower is this Wednesday during all 3 lunches. Bring your lunch, enjoy some cake in the library, and share all of your wonderful marriage wisdom with her. Come on, who doesn't love cake!
- PLC this Thursday over your PLD folders. (I am soooo trying to come up with a rap to finish this...it's just not working out well in my brain.) Be there or be square!
- Peer mediation kicked off last Friday. Students who are participating are excited!
Launch for the week
Teaching is more than imparting knowledge, it is inspiring change. Learning is more than absorbing facts, it is acquiring understanding.
-William Arthur Ward
-William Arthur Ward