Cuneiform or Hieroglyphics
how are they different
This flyer will tell some of the differences between Hieroglyphics and Cuneiform. Hieroglyphics are Egyptian and Cuneiform is Ancient Mesopotamian.
- Created by ancient Mesopotamian people.
- First form of writing.
- Based on pictograph's.
- Used to communicate basic information like crops or taxes.
- Written in many different languages.
- Created by ancient Egyptians.
- Used to communicate religious and governmental information.
- One of 3 or 4 other Egyptian writing forms.
- Used to preserve beliefs, history, and ideas.
- Often found in tombs of Pharaohs.
- Hard to decode.
- Written on papyrus scrolls.
- No one knew how to decode hieroglyphics until the discovery of the Rosetta stone.