Friday, February 26, 2016
Working together with families in a partnership of teachers, staff and community members to provide an individualized learning environment that fosters high achievement in core and elective areas; preparing students for life-long success.
When: Tuesday March 1st (please be here by 7:45am)
Where: 401 East Fireweed (FPCS Office)
Note: Please bring a photo I.D. & calculator
INTO THE WOODS
The East High Fine Arts Department presents, INTO THE WOODS at the East High auditorium:
Thursday March 3 at 7:00 PM
Friday - March 4 at 7:00 PM
Saturday matinee March 5 at 2:00 PM.
The story follows a Baker and his wife who are desperate to have a child, Cinderella who wishes to attend the King’s Festival and Jack who wishes his beloved cow would give milk. When the Baker and his wife find they cannot have a child because of the Witch’s curse, the two begin a journey to break the curse. Everyone’s wish is granted, but the consequences of their actions come back with disastrous results.
Aesthetically pleasing for all the senses, this magical production is directed by Jill Bess Neimeyer, with vocal direction by Melissa Fischer and conducted by Tevya Robbins. Tickets are $10 and are available at the door before the show. For more information, please call 742-2141
Families are encouraged to fund expenses related to courses in your ILP only as needed for the current school year. Those students re-enrolling for the 2016-17 school year will have any unexpended allotments from this year rolled over and available for use once the re-enrollment process is completed starting June 1st.
It is highly recommended that you do not wait til the last minute to allocate funds as budgets will be locked as scheduled (4:00 p.m. AKT).
SHOW OFF YOUR TALENT & FPCS PRIDE
Calling all musicians, vocalists, athletes, and superstars. FPCS is in search of past and present FPCS students who wish to show off their talent and FPCS pride by performing at our booth. We are also looking for community service oriented parents who may be interested in sharing some of their amazing homeschooling experiences and help promote our program.
For more information contact Teresa Kress: Kress_Teresa@asdk12.org or (907) 230-7938
Annual ASD Spring Lottery is here
The Application window is now open for the 2016-2017 lottery. Applications will be accepted until March 24, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
- Have you registered your incoming Kindergarten or 1st grader for the lottery?
- Do you know a high school student who is interested in taking college/university classes while earning credits toward graduation? Did you know, FPCS allotments can be used to pay for qualifying 100 level or higher classes at UAA and APU?
- Do you know a homeschooling family interested in enrolling at Family Partnership for the 2016-17 school year? We hope that you like the level of service you receive from our teachers and staff and that you would proudly recommend FPCS to your friends and family.
For more information visit Anchorage School District's Lottery Schools/Programs website.
OPPORTUNITIES for STUDENTS
June Nelson Memorial Scholarship
This 2015-2016 school year, AASB will award ten graduating seniors each with a $1,200 scholarship to apply toward their post-secondary education. The scholarship may be applied toward the student’s choice of a business, trade, or a college institution.
Deadline: March 8, 2016
2016 BP Alaska Principal’s Scholarship Program
BP has partnered with the Alaska Principals Foundation (APF) to award 25 graduating seniors across Alaska each with a one-time $4,000 scholarship. Since the BP Principals Scholarship began 30 years ago, BP has contributed over $3.5 million to support the continuing education of deserving students.
Every high school Principal in Alaska may nominate one graduating senior from their school for the BP Alaska Principal’s Scholarship. The APF board of directors selects the 25 scholarship winners.
If interested, please provide the following information to Principal Carroll by the close of business (4:00 p.m.) Friday, March 11, 2016. Principal Carroll may nominate ONLY ONE student from FPCS and will need time to consider all candidate qualifications.
- ACT/SAT Scores
- Academic achievement,
- Community/school involvement,
- Leadership potential,
- Financial need,
- How the scholarship will assist the student in meeting personal goals and aspirations,
- How the student excels compared to other students eligible for this scholarship,
- One page (typed) letter, stating why you deserve the scholarship (PDF/Word only)
ESSENTIAL INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES
SUMMARIZING and NOTE-TAKING
- Provide a basic outline for note-taking, having students fill in pertinent information
- Provide a set of rules for asking students to summarize a literary passage, a movie clip, a section of a textbook, etc.
- Identify main idea and details
- Identify characters, setting, plot, conflict and possibly the resolution
- Organize your thoughts
- Write or retell orally your summary
IMPORTANT DATES - EVENTS - DEADLINES
- March 1 - School Day ACT (plan to arrive early 7:45 a.m. with I.D. & Calculator)
- March 3 - FPCS Science Fair (Crosspoint)
- March 11, 2016 - 2015-16 BUDGET ALLOCATION DEADLINE (4:00 p.m.)
- March 14-18 - Spring Break
- March 24 - Online Lottery Application Deadline (5:00 p.m.)
THANK YOU FPCS SCHOOL BUSINESS PARTNERS
524 W. Fourth Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
151 W 100th Ave,
Anchorage, AK 99515
3101 Penland Pkwy, Ste K18
Anchorage, AK 99508