L.O. Donald Staff Newsletter
I hope each of you had a wonderful, restorative winter break and are ready to return with renewed commitment to our mission. Our ACP results are in and there is much to celebrate. You taught your students well and it shows!
Monday morning we will explore ways to foster student success by addressing social and emotional learning. By building strong relationships with and among our students, we will create an environment for them to flourish. In the afternoon, we will define rigor in each content area and develop action plans.
Please dress comfortably Monday and Tuesday. A light breakfast will be provided Monday. I can't wait to see you all!
Your students are anxiously awaiting the day they can come back. Never forget how important you are to them!
K-2 M-O-Y ISIP Testing Window 1/6-27/2016
Monday, January 4, 2016
- Staff Development Day
- 8:00-10:00 Welcome & State of the School in the library - PK-5 teachers
- 10:15-12:00 Creating a Supportive Classroom Culture in the library - PK-5 teachers
- 1:00-2:30 Math - What's All This Talk About Rigor? in room 205 - K-5 Math teachers
- 1:00-2:30 RLA - The Rigor Is In the Question in room 205 - K-5 RLA teachers
- 2:45-4:00 ACP - Action Planning in the library - K-5 teachers
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
- Teacher Work Day
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
- 4th Six Weeks begins - Students Return
- 12:10-12:55 Math Planning - 3rd grade
- 1:00-1:45 Math Planning - 4th grade
Thursday, January 7, 2016
- Lesson Plan Feedback will take place on Friday
- 10:30-12:30 Mid-Year Review: Part 1 in the PLC room - Leadership team
- 12:05-12:55 Achieve 3000 training in Computer Lab - 3rd grade RLA teachers
- 1:00-1:50 Achieve 3000 training in Computer Lab - 4th grade RLA teachers
- 1:55-2:45 Achieve 3000 training in Computer Lab - 5th grade RLA teachers
- 3:15-4:00 Achieve 3000 training in Computer Lab - 3-5 RLA teachers
- 3:15-4:00 After-School Tutoring
- 3:15-4:45 Girls Scouts in the auditorium
Friday, January 8, 2016
- 8:50-9:40 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 2nd grade
- 9:45-10:35 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - Kindergarten
- 10:40-11:30 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 1st grade
- 12:05-12:55 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 3rd grade
- 1:00-1:50 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 4th grade
- 1:55-2:45 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 5th grade
- 1/11 - High School Parent Conferences 4-8pm
- 1/12 - Middle School Parent Conferences 4-8pm
- 1/14 - DTR Applications due - 2nd wave
- 1/14 - Elementary Parent Conferences 4-8pm
- 1/15 - KFP Principal's Meeting 9am-1pm
- 1/18 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday - No School
- 1/20 - Districtwide Principals' Meeting
L.O. Donald 2015-16 Campus Priorities
- Improve academic achievement through data-driven and small group instruction.
- Build a strong, achievement-oriented campus culture.
- Improve parent involvement and school-community relationships.
L.O. Donald 2015-16 Goals
- 80% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR reading/math in grades 3-5.
- 70% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR writing in grade 4.
- 85% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR science in grade 5.
- 80% of students will perform on or above grade level on the Iowa/Logramos K-2