THE GREAT PUMPKIN CONTEST
Book Characters showcased through pumpkins!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Visit a local farm or store and purchase a pumpkin. Choose a pumpkin no bigger than 8-10 inches in diameter.
2. Choose a favorite book character. Re-read the book, paying close attention to how the author describes the character and how the illustrator presents the character.
3. Put all your creativity into action, collaborate as a family, and decorate the pumpkin to resemble the book character.
4. Bring the BOOK and PUMPKIN to the school library on Monday, October 21st.
The library will be open at 8:25AM.
5. Please make a small sign (index card size) to display with your pumpkin.
Put your family's name and the book character's name on the sign.
6. Plan to pick your pumpkin up the following Monday.
Decorating pumpkins as a family is a great way to create lasting memories.
Our students will view the pumpkins on Tuesday, October 22nd. Each student will place one vote for the pumpkin that most resembles the book character. The winning family will receive a $25 gift certificate for the book fair which will be open October 23-25th.
Contact Mrs. Jane Martellino, school media specialist if you have any questions.