Going Green in Laundry Rooms
Ways to be Eco Friendly
Going green in the laundry room is important because it saves energy, money, and time.
Washing Machine and Dryer
- To minimize the energy used from a washing machine, you should wash all loads in cold water. Cold water will help the clothes look fresh, new and decrease odor.
- Adjusting the machine to the exact size of the load every time will help save gallons of water by using different amounts according to the size of the load.
- To conserve the heat from a dryer, immediately add the next load to dry so the heating process won't have to start completely over.
- Be sure to buy eco friendly detergents and bleaches that have the EDA logo
- Use detergents that are free of dyes and perfumes to stay away from possible allergens
- Buy detergents that don't have petroleum or biodegrade
- Instead of using energy from the dryer every time, air dry the clothes on a sunny or windy day
- Skip ironing sometimes to save energy, money, and time because the dryer can do a press
- If you can't see or smell that your clothes are dirty, then no one else can so