Learn more about this literary device!
- The definition of Imagery is 'Visually descriptive or figurative words, especially in a literary work.' Or simply put 'Mental images using your imagination.'
- It is pronounced Im-age-ry, and my pronunciation is Im-ej-ree.
- Some synonyms are; mental images, imagination, representation, vision, and visualization.
- The example I found was "The gushing brook stole it's way down the lush green mountains, dotted with tiny flowers in a riot of colours and trees coming alive with gaily chirping birds." And my example is 'As the scuba diver goes for his 1st dive of the afternoon, he is instantly flanked by a huge class of fish, from the brightest, to darkest colours of fish. One blink later, suddenly the fish that were once laughing and swimming around, have been replaced with a pool of blood, then it finally BIT him-!!
- Imagery is a noun, and some derivatives are imagining, imaginative, and images.