May 14, 2023
Important Medical Information
As this school year comes to an end we want to send you some important health reminders.
Medications will be sent home in your child's backpack on Friday, June 9, 2023 if you have not picked them up before then. Please check their backpacks upon arrival home. All CONTROLLED medications must be picked up in the front office by 12 pm on Monday, June 12, 2023. Any medication left after this date will be disposed of unless other arrangements are made.
Care plans, Medication Administration forms and Unique Mealtime Needs forms must be submitted yearly. If you need a specific healthcare plan that is not linked here, please reach out to your school nurse.
We will begin accepting medications on August 17, 2023. Please make sure that all medications are in a labeled prescription box/bottle or they cannot be accepted. Please drop off the medication administration form with the medication at the front office.
If you have a student who is enrolling as an out of state transfer, a NC Health Assessment form and an immunization record is required to be submitted within the first 30 days of school.
Below is the volunteer form for testing. Please let me know if you think anything needs to be changed or added otherwise, please send it out to parents.
8th Grade Promotional Ceremony
Date: June 8th
Time: 9 am
Final School Dance/8th Grade Social
When: May 19th from 6-9 pm
Tickets for the dance will be sold on Friday during the school day
8th grade tickets--$10 (sold during Friday Clubs)
6th/7th grade tickets--$5 (sold during lunch)
**Students must be counted as present for the school day in order to attend the dance. Students should not be checked out before 11:45 on the day of the dance.
**For Students to participate in the final dance of the school year, students must demonstrate positive behavior. Students that have accumulated 5 demerit points for the second semester, will be ineligible to come. Students receive 2 demerit points for each In School Suspension and 3 demerit points for each Out of School Suspension
Schedule for the Week (5/15-5/19)
-Spring Dance: See Info Above
AIG News Letter
Our AIG Department is wanting to share with you what is going on in AIG. Click HERE IS THE LINK to access the AIG News Letter.
Message from our Booster's Club
- Harris Teeter Fundraiser - 4/29
- Thank you to those students who volunteered, the families who supported them, and others in the Pollard community that came out to our fundraiser.
- Volunteers from baseball, volleyball, women's soccer and the band collected over $1100 in donations.
- These generous donations will go towards supporting Pollard's arts, athletics, and after school clubs!
- Concession Volunteers Needed - Spring Musical, Spring Concert & School Dance
- Have a student in a club, in the band or on a Pollard team?
- Concession proceeds support our arts, athletics and after school clubs and adds to the school spirit at each event.
- We need parent reinforcements to feed our hungry students at these three remaining school events:-) Sign-up is here.
- Summer Basketball Camp - August 7th-10th (9am-12pm)
- The Booster Club has partnered with Youth Hoops to offer a co-ed summer basketball camp at Pollard.
- Ages: 10-14
- The registration link is here and cost is $168.
Message From the PTA
!!!!!!CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!!!!!
We need your help to give the teachers a little break this week!
PLEASE CONSIDER SIGNING UP FOR A LUNCH SHIFT THIS WEEK!
Sign up below
LUNCH NOT AN OPTION?
We’ve got some other opportunities for you!! Sign up to work at the thrift shop! It’s an easy way to earn money to buy things like sound systems and needed classroom supplies! Just sign up below!
FINALLY TAKE A SECOND TO RECOGNIZE THE TEACHERS!
Write a little note on the kudos board!