Growing Organic Summer Vegetables
Workshop on growing various summer food plants organically
Fed up of eating tired looking vegetables?
Miguel Braganza and Green Essentials are pleased to announce a workshop on Growing Various Summer Vegetables Organically - on Sunday, 10th March at the International Centre Goa, Dona Paula. This is a Live Working Workshop where participants and faculty will work together to set up a summer kitchen garden patch for a varied set of organic vegetables.
The objective with this workshop is to provide participants with a detailed, first-hand practical experience of what needs to be done, along with tips to ensure protection from pests and obtain better yields.
In this garden we are planning to grow Brinjal, Gourds, Beans, Tomatoes, Chillies, Pumpkins, Melons, Squashes, Corn, Lettuce, Sunflowers, Herbs and more…
Also: Summer vegetable seeds available for sale
What You'll Learn
- What vegetables can grow in the Summer (and what can’t)
- What’s planted directly and what can be transplanted
- How to create a nursery of vegetable saplings
- How to ensure that your soil (in pots or beds) is well prepared
- How to space out your plants for better productivity
- How to manage common pests organically