ARHS Principal's Sept Newsletter
By: Christina Wawrzyniak
WELCOME TO THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR Important Links
23-24 GCSD HIGH SCHOOL COURSE OFFERINGS GUIDE
Translations and Support for School/Home Communication (family resource)
For our multilingual families who would like to contact school for any reason, learn of supports, or find out about opportunities to share your thoughts and experiences, please see our flyer.
2023-2024 ONE PAGE CALENDAR
September 24th - September 30th
🧾Attention ALL students who have a 504 or IEP 🧾
College board does not automatically uphold testing accommodations for students with IEPs or 504s. College board is an organization that connects students to college success and opportunities. It is never too early to review college board resources or participate in college board tests such as PSATs, SATs, ACTs.
If a Titan is an enrolled at Arcadia with a 504 or IEP we encourage you to complete the Collegeboard waiver. Please review the attachments below
September 17th - September 23rd
Hope to see you at the Football Game!
Just a reminder - if you plan to attend the football game on Saturday, Sept. 23rd at 1PM, there is an admission fee as follows: $2.00 for adults and $1.00 for students. All students need to bring up Infinite Campus on their phone to show at the gate. Middle School students need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Spirit Week 10/2 - 10/5
- Votes are being Tallied by Student Gov't Check back soon for Themes
- Pep Rally Scheduled for Thursday 10/5 Sign Up With Mrs. Pike or Mrs. Callahan
- Varsity Football Game on Saturday 10/7 @ 3:00 pm Vs. Athena
September 10th - September 16th
Library Pass Procedures:
Students who would like to come to the library during their study halls and CAT (no 9th graders during CAT) must make an appointment pass at least 30 minutes before their scheduled study hall or CAT. Students go to their study hall or CAT for attendance and the first 7 minutes. Students may only be released from study hall to the library if their appointment pass has been approved by the library staff.
Teachers can only write passes for students who need to get library books or have chromebook issues. Teachers should not write passes for more than 5 students from their room at one time.
Any question please call Mrs. Dixon at 966-3480. Thank you.
September 3rd - September 9th
YONDR POUCHES START 9/6/2023
GCSD YONDR POUCH PROCESS
Privately owned electronic devices, such as cell phones and smart watches, must be locked in YONDR pouches as you enter school until the end of the instructional day.
Amendment approved by the Board, June 2023: the student body, with prior principal approval, may access devices during school-wide assemblies and other select events.
- Day 1: September 6th 2023 ENTERING ARCADIA MIDDLE
Phones will be placed into Pouches by staff members as students enter the building
First period: students write their first and last name using a Sharpie on the Pouch
ARH staff and Admin will check-in with classrooms to ensure all students have written their names on their Pouch
As students enter the building, they are to place their cell phones and smart watches into their YONDR Pouch
Staff members will watch to verify the devices are placed into the Pouch and that the Pouch is locked
There will be random checks throughout the day by staff to look for damaged pouches.
- Day 2 and beyond: Students will Always ENTER VIA ARCADIA MIDDLE
If you forget your Pouch, your device(s) will be confiscated and held in the main office until dismissal. The device can be retrieved at the end of the day.
CONSEQUENCES for Electronic Misuse or Violation
- The administrator or designee takes the device and holds it until the end of the school day. The parent/guardian is contacted to discuss the incident. The device is returned to the student by the administrator at the end of the school day.
- The administrator or designee takes the device. The student will receive 1day In-School Suspension (ISS) and the device will be retrieved by the parent/guardian
- The administrator or designee takes the device. The student will receive 2 days ISS and the device will be retrieved by the parent/guardian.
- The administrator or designee takes the device. The student will receive 3 days ISS and the device will be retrieved by the parent/guardian
- The administrator or designee takes the device. The student will receive 1 day Out of School Suspension (OSS) and the device will be retrieved by the parent/guardian.
DRESS CODE UPDATED 23-24
FALL THEATER AUDITIONS
FIRST THREE DAYS OF SCHOOL MODIFIED SCHEDULE
TRADITIONAL ARCADIA BELL SCHEDULE
Arcadia High School Bell Schedule:
Attendance Office 966-3182, 966-3193 - students should be called in for absences or early dismissal as soon as possible. Students who are absent will be considered as having chronic absenteeism, missing 10% or more of school. This can have a drastic impact on your student’s education. Research shows that school attendance can predict graduation even better than test scores.
Health Office 966-3005, Mrs. Stephanie Geary, School Nurse
Main Office 966-3000, 966-3096
Counseling Office 966-3128, Ms. Dawn Yandow, Counseling Office Secretary
Cafeteria Manager 966-3033, Mrs. Mimma Federico
Counseling & Mental Health Team
Ms. Madelyn Torres Grades 9 & 11 Last Names A - G 966-3133
Mrs. Jessica Kane Grades 9 & 11 Last Names H- N 966-3111
Mrs. Tammy Aubrey Grades 9 & 11 Last Names O - Z 966-3131
Ms. Erin Hagan Grades 10 & 12 Last Names A - G 966-3189
Mrs. Meaghan Davis Grades 10 & 12 Last Names H - N 966-3129
Mrs. Danielle Watters Grades 10 & 12 Last Names O - Z 966-3108
Ms. Korrine McCarthy Grades 9 -12 School Social Worker 966-3468
Mrs. Kathaleen Smades Grades 9 -12 School Social Worker 966-3081
Ms. Nicole Wiler Grades 9 -12 School Social Worker 966-3175
Ms. Beth Curtis Grades 9 12 School Psychologist 966-3083
Dr. Richard Vito Grades 9 12 School Psychologist 966-3116
JOIN ARH/ARM PTSA
Newsletter from ARHS Athletics Director: TONY LIPANI
(Click Title to access Previous Monthly Newsletter)
- Summer Letter
- Supply Lists
- YONDR Pouch Roll Out
- School Portrait Info
- School Start & End Times
- Back to School Bash Registration
- School Lunch Info
- Community & Parent Support - Ms. Searls
- Bus Contact Information
- Infinite Campus Portal Information
- State Immunization Guidelines
- ARH Important Contacts/Directory
- Admin Team Contact Information
- Class Advisor Names & Emails
- Athletic Information
- Sign Up to be a Member of PTSA