July 27, 2020
With the start of school around the corner, we understand the concerns you have related to all matter concerning COVID 19. Please know, that as a father of a 7th grader at GJH, I share many of the same thoughts you have. I would be more than happy to hear any questions or concerns you may have, (940) 612-5013 or email@example.com. As stated in the past, questions you have are most likely shared by others.
Schedule Pick Up
Schedule Pick Up Appointments
How to Schedule a Time Slot: (for parents)
- Click on the available link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4DAEA82CA3FBC52-class
- Scroll down to find your child's counselor. This is based off of your student's last name.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
- Mrs. Brown - Last names A-G
- Mrs. Rich - Last names H-N
- Mrs. Strait - Last names O-Z
- Your Name
- Phone Number
- Student's Name
Virtual Learning or In-School Learning.... Please Choose...
Please see Dr. Stewart's letter below about signing up for virtual or in-school learning. Please fill out the commitment form (below) as soon as possible so we can provide the best service to you possible. Included in this survey is also the need for bus transportation.
At this time, we plan to reopen our school buildings on August 19. In order to plan for the instructional options of our families, we need to know which method of learning each student will be choosing when we return. Please complete the commitment form indicating either in-school or virtual learning, bus transportation needs, and technology access for each student.
In order for GISD to finalize scheduling, we are asking that this commitment be made no later than 8:00 a.m. on Friday, July 31. We encourage this commitment form for EVERY student, so that we can properly plan for a successful return. Any student who does not have a commitment form completed will be automatically assigned to in-school learning.
Students will be expected to remain in their chosen option through at least a 6-week grading period in order to limit scheduling and staffing complexities. We understand that circumstances could change for our families throughout the semester, and adjustments will be examined on a case-by-case basis.
We ask that you please thoroughly review www.gainesvilleisd.org/returntolearn to answer any questions you may have prior to making a commitment.
When we reopen in August, we will implement the following protocols to protect the health and safety of our students, staff, and families:
- All students and staff will have their temperatures taken as they enter our school buildings each day. Students who are riding the bus will have their temperatures taken as they board the bus. Any individuals determined to have a fever will be sent home immediately.
- Students and staff will be frequently reminded about the importance of proper handwashing. We will place no-touch hand sanitizer units throughout our buildings.
All staff will be required to wear masks or other personal protective equipment (PPE) and students at Lee, GJH, and GHS. We will foster a respectful environment, with no stigmas associated with wearing masks.
- To avoid large groups of students gathering in one place, we will adjust the way students move between classrooms and other spaces in our schools. More information on how this looks will be available soon.
- To protect students’ safety and provide for more orderly temperature taking, all students will enter and exit each building at one set of doors. Family members should not leave their vehicles when picking up or dropping off students.
Thank you for your continued support in our ongoing effort to ensure a safe reopening of our schools.
Dr. DesMontes Stewart