Monday, January 4th - Friday, January 8th, 2016
Week at Glance
- Sara is back in the Music Studio!
- We're back from break! Happy New Year!
Tuesday, January 5th, 2016
- 8:30AM-9:30M: School Tour for Prospective Families
Wednesday, January 6th, 2016
- Kindergarten Speech Screenings (pre-selected children with family permission only)
- 8:20AM-9:00AM: Community Gathering in the Gym (with Sara! Yay!)
- 12:00-12:45PM: Monthly Attendance Meeting (Learning Supports Team and Co-Directors)
- 1:15PM-5::45PM: Weekly Professional Development and Planning
Thursday, January 7th, 2016
- 8:20AM-9:20AM: First Grade CST
- 7:00PM-8:00PM: FSC Leadership Board Meeting
Friday, January 8th, 2016
- Oak Class to American Museum of Natural History
Saturday, January 9th, 2016
- 3:00PM: First Ever Compass Movie Night in the Cafeteria (The Lego Movie)
This Week's Events
Thursday Meetings with the Learning Supports Team
Professional Development/Planning Schedule for Wednesday
1:15-1:45: All Staff Check-In
1:45-2:50: Professional Development Session: Reflecting on, refining, and documenting Integrated Units from first part of the school year
3:00-5:15: Grade Level Planning
- Please update your planning agenda by Monday afternoon in order for Brooke, Michelle, and Kirsten to plan ahead for meetings.
Next Week's Events
- Studio Sara will be here on Monday, January 11th for planning meetings for our next cycle of Studio in a School. This semester she will work with kindergarten and second grade. Please plan to meet with Sara during your prep on Monday, January 11th.
- Second grade will meet at 9:30 in the Pine Classroom
- Kindergarten will meet at 11:15 in the Gingko Classroom
- Studio in a school sessions will begin again on Monday, 1/25.
VTS Observation Day on 1/14
- Gretchen from VTS will be here all day on 1/14. She will spend time observing in each classroom during a VTS session. At this point in the school year you should be around lesson 4. Please try to do a VTS lesson this coming week if you are not yet to this lesson.
- If you have a preference for a time for Gretchen to come observe in your room, please email Brooke by Wednesday.
- Each teacher will have a chance to lead a VTS lesson and then have a quick debrief/coaching session with Gretchen directly after.
New and Improved PLC Schedule
PLCs will meet every third Tuesday during the morning recess and snack time (45 minute meetings from 10:30-11:15). We will rotate groups each week and will provide coverage to classes as needed for recess and snack time. Please let Brooke know if you plan to join a PLC so we can work out coverage for the meetings. Please see the schedule below for this month.
1/12/16: Diversity and Inclusion PLC
1/19/16: Play as a Vehicle for Learning PLC
1/26/16: Investigating Progressive Education PLC
PLC Groups and Members
Diversity and Inclusion: Amanda, Shawn, Kirsten, Sara, Paul, Michelle
Play as a Vehicle for Learning: Teressa, Brian, Anna, Brooke
Investigating Progressive Education: Lila, Elizabeth, Sivanne
First Ever Compass Movie Night (Afternoon)!
Saturday, Jan. 9th, 3pm
We're excited to announce the first ever Compass Family Movie Night!
The kids have voted on watching The Lego Movie.
Join us in the cafeteria on Saturday, January 9, 3pm.
We will provide snacks.
Feel free to bring pillows or blankets for kids to sit on.
Interesting Events and Reads
Also, I'm a member of Teaching Beyond the Square and am planning to go to this "Teacher as Researcher" Symposium on 1/13. Let me know if you're interested in coming along.