BAMS Staff Newsletter
November 10, 2013 - Volume 1, Issue 8
Nice work last week with our reading and math sections of the WKCE. I heard many positive comments from students about our approach this year. I'm very confident in our approach for this year. Our attitude and building climate matters!
Let's continue the positive energy and excitement this week. Remember, there are no absolutes. We can still switch our grouping or not allow a student to take a section of the test if we feel they not ready to do their best. One student, one section, one question, that make a difference when it comes to our final WKCE scores.
Bessie Allen Middle School - SLO
By the end of the 2013-2014 school year, 100% of an identified population of struggling readers in 6th-8th grade will increase their Reading RIT score on the May MAP assessment.
I feel our building SLO, compliments our individual SLOs nicely. It's a real positive for our students that we have all of our goals moving in the same direction (literacy).
Out of the Office
- November 12th - 10:00am - 11:30am - Admin Meeting (DMR)
- November 12th - 1-2pm - ELC teaching PE
- November 13th - 7:45-8:30am - District ELL Meeting - Deb's Office
- November 13th - 8:30-9:30am - BCT Meeting - Deb's Office
News and Notes
- Aesop (Automated Subsitute Teacher System) - We are looking to begin using this system in December. Until then please continue to pass subbing needs onto Joan or myself.
- Staff Hand Prints - The painted staff hand prints in my office will be moving into the hallway by the West entrance. A high school student is currently working on writing and painting the new heading. At a future early release date, we can reprint our hands.
- RtI Framework Changing - At early release next week every building is taking some time to communicate our new RtI process. At the last few admin meetings we have been working to tweak our current model.
- School Visit - Our school visit to Badger High School in Lake Geneva was productive. We walked away with many ideas that will help us with our scheduling decisions. Thank you to Adam Micke and Sarah McDowell for giving up time to be a part of this visit. I'm thinking about sending a team to visit Port Washington. The high school has already made this visit and there were some things there that they think will be helpful for us to see.
- We had two student council representatives attend our November 6th PBIS meeting. They shared some interesting thoughts with our team. The students mentioned a problem with the school store not being available for students in band and they also discussed with us how they have noticed students playing games on their iPad during class.
- We also reviewed the Self-Assessment Survey our staff took last month. We are looking to take action on some items from this survey.
- Next Meeting - November 20th at 7am
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
- First formal observation for Year 3 Staff - Due before January 15th
- Mid-Year Review of SLO - Due Mid-Year (no specific date)
Dates to Remember
- November 11th - Veteran's Day Program 9-9:45am
- November 12th - Staff Meeting at 2:50-3:15pm on DMR
- November 12th - WKCE Testing
- November 13th - Early Release 12:30-4:00pm
- November 14th - WKCE Testing
- Week of November 18th-22nd - Scholastic Book Fair
Staff Meeting Agenda
November 12th 2:50-3:15pm
- Bullying Reporting
- RtI Game
- One Big Thing from my First Months at BAMS