BBE Weekly Update
Sept 28 - Oct 2
Purchased Chromebooks - The Lenovo Chromebook vendor informed us that the devices will ship on Monday, September 28th. It usually takes about a week for shipping so you should expect to receive the device the week of October 5th. Our District will update you with the delivery information once they have arrived.
Student Attendance - Click here for the student handbook link for attendance, absenteeism, parent notes, tardies/leave earlies, and other need to know information. Reference pages 21-27. Below are some key points.
- Students must be present for 90% or more instructional days, if not then seat time will have to be made up before/after school on designated days.
- Parent notes for excused absences must be received within 5 days of the student return. No more than 9 parent notes can be accepted.
- Students absent 5 or more days must return with a doctor's note.
- When an elementary student is tardy to school and/or leaves early eight times as documented by the attendance office, the parent will be asked to attend a truancy class provided by the District. If the parent chooses not to attend Truancy Class within two weeks, the child will be assigned one day of In-School Suspension (ISS).
- In the event that a student sees a licensed health care provider and an excuse is provided from the health care professional, the tardy/leave early will not be included in the count.
Texas Photo: Individual Picture Day ( Oct 1st )
Picture Day - Individual student pictures are scheduled for Thursday, October 1st. We are using Texas Photo. Below is some information about individual pictures.
Online Students - Families who have chosen distance/virtual learning will have the opportunity to have pictures taken outdoors at a designated location near the school. Photographers will be stationed outside under tents. At the scheduled time, parents will be asked to bring students directly to the camera leader to sign in. The child’s picture will be taken and families may return safely home. Parents may also pre-pay for photos on-line through an order link. Safety protocols and protective measures will remain the same for outdoor and indoor photography.
Pre-pay Online - To prepay online:
1. Go to http://online.phototexasphotography.com
2. Use online order code: PTPUC
3.Select your school or use the search bar at the top of the page.
Follow us on Facebook
Follow PTO on facebook