The LaCrosse Play-by-Play
News from Mrs. LaCrosse's 2nd Grade Classroom
PLEASE FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!!! @2LaCrosse
We had a wonderful week in second grade! Our second-grade students were so excited to fill their warm fuzzy jar for the first time! We enjoyed our celebration very much. We are currently working toward filling the jar for the second time!
Please ask your child:
- You have a test next week (We are testing next Thursday, 10/15). Can you show me your study guide? This was sent home, but we are still working on the word problems as a class. We will be going through the study guide on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- What books are you currently reading?
- What book(s) did you read in guided reading? What have you learned?
- You learned good readers stop and think about what they're reading. One way to check comprehension is to stop every so often and retell the story. Can you show me how you do this?
- You turned in a piece of narrative writing to Mrs. LaCrosse. What was your narrative about?
- Did you include talk (dialogue) in your narrative?
- What is the scientific method? What are the steps?
- Tell me about the balloon experiment. What was the reaction between the baking soda and vinegar? What did the reaction do to the balloon?
- You got new seats! Who sits at your pod?
- What was the best part of your week?
- Is there anything you would like to be different next week? What can you do to make that happen?
Thank you for sharing your wonderful children with me. Have a lovely weekend!
The Week Ahead...
Monday, 10/12: NO SCHOOL--Columbus Day
Thursday, 10/15: We will follow a MONDAY schedule (art today)...DEB is cancelled
Friday, 10/16: TAFFY APPLE money and form due (if ordering)...FIELD TRIP forms due