EUP MiSTEM Region Newsletter
UP Professional Trades Hiring Event and Career Day at the Sault EDC
On April 26 following the hiring event, the UP Construction Council will facilitate a Professional Trades Career Day for high school students. This event will offer students a chance to learn about apprenticeship and career opportunities in a hands-on format. We are currently working with school districts to schedule groups of students for this event.
Monday, Apr 25, 2022, 03:00 PM
Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation-Michigan, Meridian Street, Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
EUP STEM ILT will be held at LSSU's Center for Freshwater Research and Education on April 21
If you would like to join us at CFRE on April 21, please register HERE.
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Family Engineering Workshop:
If you are interested in learning more about how to host a Family Engineering event at your school, please register HERE for a three hour workshop which will be held at the EUPISD on June 27. This workshop will include training and starter kit of materials to run a Family Engineering event at your school! See more information in the Family Engineering Flyer.
Cereal City Science Professional Learning page: See this page for upcoming online professional learning workshops with Cereal City Science. We will be working with Cereal City Science to plan for additional elementary and middle school science workshops in the EUP and will share that information in the near future.
- Statewide CS PLN- Monthly meetings for supporting CS education in K-12
- Elementary PD for teachers- Free virtual workshops with SCECHs and Stipends through MiSTEM grant!
- Middle School and High School PD for teachers- Free virtual or face-to-face summer workshops with SCECHs and Stipends through MiSTEM grant!
3-P Agriculture Workshops at the Chatham Research Farm and Waishkey Bay Farm:
- Two days at each site this summer. Registrants can go to one of the farm workshops or both sites. Limited to the first 20 registrants.
- 3-P Agriculture Flyer and Registration
STEM Teaching Tools
Trig-Star Trigonometry Competition on April 28!
Higher Orbits - Go For Launch
Registration will open in the near future, but to see more information about the program along with how organizations can sponsor the program see the Go For Launch Flyer.