Mr. Nielsen's Wildcat Newsletter
Weekly Madrona News: Sept. 12th, 2021
MR. NIELSEN TESTS STUDENT EGG "DROP" DESIGNS
PICTURE DAY is Mon, Sept. 13th
How to Report an Absence
When returning to school from any absence, students must bring a note of excuse. This note of excuse can be written or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following:
1) The first and last name of the student
2) Exact date of absence
3) The reason for the absence
4) Parent signature (if the note is sent from a parent’s email address on file that will work as the signature.)
Please remember only illnesses, quarantining, doctor’s appointments, bereavement and religious holidays are considered an excused absence. Please try to schedule doctor or dental appointments during non-school hours or attend school for at least part of the day so you are not counted absent for the entire day.
Back to School Night
Tuesday, Sep. 14th, 5:30pm
This is an online event.
Principal’s Welcome/PTSA Association 5:30-5:55 - Link
Period 1 - 6:00-6:10
Period 2 - 6:15-6:25
Period 3 - 6:30-6:40
Period 4 - 6:45-6:55
Period 5 - 7:00-7:10
Period 6 - 7:15-7:25
As the date approaches, teachers will be communicating the link to access your virtual session. We created this template to help you organize the night. Feel free to use if you would like. Click here for a pdf of the template.
Learn more about the counseling department and what we do! Our team includes Ms. Adra (school counselor) and Ms. PJ (our new school therapist). We are here to help!
Afterschool Homework Club - Coming Soon
If you are looking for after school care, Torrance Parks and Rec are back on campus. If you would like your child to attend, please click above to register.
Madrona Shout Outs to:
- Mrs. Bloomfield: To my amazing students who have been on task and really putting forth so much effort and putting up with the heat- thank you so much. You are a joy to have and I appreciate all of you.
- Mrs. Ton: Thank you Lily Noh for staying positive and encouraging classmate to try their best. And thanks to my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade PLTW classes for the enthusiasm and dedication they've shown on towards their first engineering challenge.
- Mrs. Snider: Ben Coyne - Thank you for always volunteering and helping all things Music Family!
- Mrs. Wulpern: Congratulations to my math students who got a "4" on their first Quick Check. Way to go!!
- Mrs. H: Reed Sandoval, Wyatt Hying, Emily Mundy, Kaya Herndon, Kris Sinclair, Nolan Hess, Riley Gibson, Elizabeth Kim, Ashley Booker, Max Hoxworth, Luke Dominguez, Marissa Roberts, Caelia Huang, Karina Barry, Caleb Ho, and Ishika Chhawchharia for excellent class participation and citizenship! Bravo!
- Mrs. Miskimen: Super Science Students who did well on their Scientific Method test: Max Antos, James Costello, Jayden Daly, Thomas Frame, Zander Horta, Tae Kim, Tak Machida, Meena Manoj, Megan Wada, Sophia Croitoru, Chank Hong, Sungmo Kim, Mukta Lotlikar, Kane Martinez. Way to go as that was not an easy test. PE Super Star Runners this week were: Seita Koge, Michael Roosa, Kane Martinez, Haru Kakamoto, Sakura Ueno, Addison Wall, Sungmo Kim, Ben Lopez, Kai Green, Cody Tofukuji, Paarth Joshi, Preston Hoang, Cyruz Engoy, Kaitlyn Lopez, Haru Shiokawa. Public Speaking Students: Keep up the good work. I see huge improvements already. I'm so proud of you sharing and building up your confidence!
- Ms. Fu: Shoutout to Victoria and Damian for actively participating in class!
Shoutout to Ilan for actively participating in class and Masakazu for being a great helper!