What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley School Newsletter: February 9, 2020 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Staff and Teachers,
Happy Valentine's Day! Happy President's Day!!
Can't believe that it is already February. Although the middle of Winter, we've got a lot going on. Activities, Assemblies, and Projects... Oh My! Not to mention the rumor of an early spring ;0)
Buckle up, keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, and stay seated as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .......
Student Council Information
Student Council is turning old markers into energy with Crayola ColorCycle! We have already sent Crayola 16 pounds of markers, and we keep on collecting them! Please see attached for details. Remember, don't throw out that used marker - ColorCycle It!
Click Here for more information.
Carnation Fundraiser for Valentines Day
Buy a carnation to give to someone special. Funds will be will be used toward future school events. Carnations will go home Friday!
(Shhh- Dads, this is an opportunity for you to do something nice for the Mrs, kids feel like they made someone's day and you get the credit ;0)
Click Here to order.
~ Be the "i" in KIND ~
Kindness happens all the time at Hawley School. We do it, see it, and ACKNOWLEDGE it. Recently students made sure others were not sitting or playing alone, helped clean up without being asked, helped a new student find his way, helped a friend when stuck, made cards to cheer up others and a teacher even made sure a student had pjs on a special day. Be aware, we're watching......
Safety starts with driving at an appropriate speed, not using your cell phone while driving, and keeping children with you at all times. We have added to the safety with the following:
- Cones will direct all cars into the playground blacktop area as in the morning
- All cars should park in this area (if there is room, please utilize it: if not go to the left as exiting the blacktop area as some staff spaces open by this time)
- Please park in a manner that allows for the maximum amount of vehicles
- Please do not drive into the morning drop off loop area, cars backing up as children are walking to cars is not safe,
I have found that with vehicles parking in the same area, it keeps traffic flowing in the same direction. Please make sure that you share this information with anyone that picks up your child.
Everyone has been wonderful and understanding and compliant as I know all of our Top Priorities is student safety (even over convenience and speed). Thank you for your support and as always, feel free to reach out to me with any questions or suggestions that you may have.
Gold Stars to EVERYONE!!!!!!
Middle School Readers
~ Spirit Day Highlights ~
Looking for Some Help.....
Along with the PTA, we have planned for a complete overhaul of our audio/visual presentation system. Phase 1 was a new stage curtain (completed, Thank You).
Phase 2 includes a new sound system: speakers, microphones (wired and wireless), a mixer, Bluetooth or iphone compatible, possible projector and/or screen. The PTA has already voted to fund raise and support this endeavor.
We would like to form a Committee to help with research, design, and product selection. We are looking for anyone that may have an interest and/or expertise and/or connections in this area. We really want to get the most for our money while maximizing quality and durability.
Commitment is minimal. There would be a few meetings, with perhaps some research and legwork. We have heard from some people, which is terrific. If you would still like to be part of this work, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the PTA President, Jen Padilla (email@example.com). Thank You-
4th-1st Grade Buddies
- Click Here for the latest issue of the Newtown Elementary School Counselors Newsletter: the focus is on play and fun activities for children
- For those of you who enjoy and partake in Twitter, there is a new official account for the Newtown Schools Gifted Program. For useful information, please follow @Grade4Newtown
- The Ana Grace Project is conducting its 5th Annual Dance Shoe and Instrument Drive. Click Here for more information.
- Smile, laugh, and have fun!
Dates to Remember
- Wed, 2/12: STEAM Night (grades 3 & 4), 6:30 PM, Cafe (Click Here for more information and To Register to attend)
- Fri, 2/14: 3 HOUR EARLY DISMISSAL (12:37 PM)
- Mon-Tues, 2/17-2/18: NO SCHOOL
- Thurs, 2/20: District Kindergarten Information Night for 2020-2021, 7:00 PM, Reed Cafe