The Graham School News O'Graham
- Friday, July 9 - 5:00-6:00pm - Family Food Box Pickup
- Wed. Aug 18 - 5:00-7:00pm - Orientation for 9th and 11th Grade Students and Families
- Thurs. Aug. 19 - 5:00-7:00pm - Orientation for 10th and 12th Grade Students and Families
- Monday, Aug. 23 - First Day of School For All Students - 8:00am-3:30pm
- Sept. 6 - No School - Labor Day
Haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) a la derecha para ver esto en español.
Congratulations Class of 2021!
TGS Updated Mask Policy
As you may know, the Centers for Disease Control recently revised their recommendations around mask guidance for individuals who are fully vaccinated "except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance."
In Ohio the mask mandate for schools stays in effect until June 2, after which it is up to the schools to determine a policy.
The Graham School will require students, staff, and visitors to wear masks through August 1, at which point we will re-evaluate our policy based on available data, information, and guidance.
Thank you for your continued support and efforts in keeping our TGS community safe.
TGS Deans; Amy Vickroy, Sarai Correa, RJ Larry
The Graham Family of Schools COVID Policies: In Effect Through Aug. 1
- Any visitor or staff member entering the building will be required to have their temperature taken and logged.
- Masks on. If you are entering the building you must wear a mask.
- If you have been sick, have a fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or recent loss of smell please do not enter the building.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance between one another.
- Wash your hands for the safety of everyone. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough. Use a tissue or your sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
All of our buildings have contactless thermometers that will be sanitized between each use. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to any of our COVID policies please call the front office at 614-262-1111.
Have you registered your current student for the 2021-2022 school year? Your student's spot is not guaranteed until all annual registration forms are received by the school
We are currently registering students for the 2021-22 school year. To register you may use the new online system or you may fill out paper forms. Please complete and submit the annual registration forms TODAY.
Online Annual Registration Forms
Please Create an account for your student using the invite code that was e-mailed to you. Once you enter the site, your student's information should be pre-populated into the forms. Double check that the pre-populated information is correct, fix any wrong information, complete some new information, and then submit. Check each Section.
- NOTE: If any information has changed, check the box at the end of that section BEFORE trying to update the information.
- NOTE: Please completely fill out Part(s) Two, Five (especially Health History), and Seven.
- NOTE: You may also need to clear the cache.
- If you run into any problems, be sure to let us know with as much detail as possible.
- If it is impossible for you to see any of your student's information or access the website, let us know that too.
- Visit this link ESchool - How to.pdf There are step by step screenshots.
To create an online account with OneView to complete the Annual Registration forms for your student online go to https://tgs.esvportal.com/. You should have received an e-mail with your student's invite code.
Paper Annual Registration Forms
- Were recently mailed home
- May be picked up at the front desk
- May be mailed to you upon request (614-262-1111) and FrontDesk@thegrahamschool.org
- May be printed from the TGS website
Please fill out the annual registration form and mail, scan, fax, or drop them off at the front desk.
If you have any questions, please contact the front desk at FrontDesk@thegrahamschool.org or call 614-262-1111.
Statement Recognizing Juneteenth Federal Holiday
The Graham Family of Schools (The Graham School, The Charles School, and Graham Elementary and Middle School) joins in solidarity in recognizing the long overdue new federal holiday of Juneteenth! This is an important new holiday recognizing the day that the last slaves were freed in the U.S. Since this was newly minted into law on June 17th, this year we maintained our open status on Friday, June 18, 2021 (when many federal and state agencies celebrated). We plan to integrate Juneteenth into our future academic calendars and celebrations.
Thank you Crossroads Columbus Church and Convoy of Hope!
Crossroads Columbus Church together with Convoy of Hope (convoyofhope.org) provided TGS families with 150 boxes of nonperishable nutritious snacks on May 17, 2021. Snack foods included items such as cereal, snack bars, dried fruit, nuts, and more. Crossroads has supported our staff, students, and families in a variety of ways over the past 3 years, for which we are extremely grateful.
Updated Summer Office Hours
Summer office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm. To protect staff and the TGS community we ask that you still call to set up an appointment to come into the office. Masks must be worn by all individuals in the building.
Monthly Boxes for Families in Need - July 9
In partnership with Neighborhood Services, Inc. Food Pantry, we are offering monthly pre-packed boxes of food to Graham School families in need! Boxes will contain staple items such as bread, rice, pasta, vegetable oil and more, as well as snacks and other items to help nourish your Graham School student. To receive food, you must make a reservation through one of the links below. You will pick up your food at The Graham School: 3950 Indianola Ave., not at NSI Food Pantry.
July Distribution Date:
Friday, July 9 - 5pm to 6 pm:https://freshtrak.com/register/event/46803?utm_source=mid-ohio-foodbank-admin-account
Please bring your photo ID and wear a face mask when you come! Please note, this event is only available to families with a student currently enrolled at The Graham School. Please reach out to Lindsay Barber at email@example.com with any questions.
Summer Meal Information
All children ages 1 through 18 are eligible to receive free meals during the summer months at participating program sites. Individuals age 19 through 21 who have been identified as having mental or physical disabilities and are following Individualized Education Programs (IEP’s) through their current enrollment in educational programs are also eligible for free summer meals. Below is a sample of locations available for the summer of 2021. For a full list of locations, or a location near to you, call 1-866-3-HUNGRY(486479), or visit http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Student-Supports/Coronavirus/Supporting-Whole-Child-Nutrition
- A+ Arts Academy Maybury Campus – 1395 Fair Ave. Columbus, OH 43205
- Africentric Elementary School - 3223 Allegheny Avenue Columbus, OH 43209
- Asbury Elementary School- 5127 Harbor Blvd Columbus, OH 53232
- Berwick Plaza-2745 Winchester Pike. Columbus, OH 43232
Red Dragon Awards
We congratulate the students whose hard work is representative of The Graham School’s Habits of Learning. These students have been Red Dragons so far this month!
- Tyler Addington
- Delaney Strathie
- Kai Best
If your student(s) was not using a school bus for transportation to and from school during the 2020-21 school year please complete the online application NOW for a Columbus City Schools transportation route: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/4818
- Returning families, please check your CCS Transportation portal to make sure your information is up to date.
- An email address is required for registration.
- You should receive an email with a link to complete your online application.
- Then you should receive an email confirmation that your application has been submitted.
- CCS Transportation will send your student’s route information separately.
- Note: We do NOT have access to the student’s un-routed information.
For any further transportation questions, contact: Columbus City Schools Transportation
at 614-365-5074 Or visit 1560 Moler Rd., Columbus, OH 43207
Free Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine For All 12 Years and Older!
Columbus Public Health and Nationwide Children’s Hospital are offering free COVID-19 Pfizer vaccines to all individuals 12 years of age and older!
When you shop at Kroger and/or Amazon you can help TGS raise money for class supplies!
Go to: www.krogercommunityrewards.com or call 1-800-837-4483 to enroll in the program. Add Graham to your card. You can search for Graham by name or use our school code: IE209, Shop! Every time you shop and use your Kroger Rewards Card Graham gets rebates. Kroger totals those rebates and sends Graham a check.
Amazon Smile gives to The Graham School!
When you make a purchase on Amazon Smile they will now donate 0.5% of your total purchase to The Graham School. Go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1713840 to get started!
The parent or guardian of each student enrolled at The Graham School may request information on the professional qualifications of each classroom teacher who provides instruction to their student and the school will provide this information on each applicable teacher in a timely manner.
Our partnership with EL Education empowers our teachers to unleash the potential of their students. EL Education is built on ten design principles that reflect the educational values and beliefs of Kurt Hahn, founder of Outward Bound. These principles also reflect the design's connection to other related thinking about teaching, learning , and the culture of schools. The Graham Schools habits of learning have grown out of the design principles: Self-Direction, Perseverance, Teamwork & Collaboration, Service & Stewardship, and Adventure & Risk.
TGS is a School-wide Title 1 program, enabling us to receive Federal Funds to ensure that our students receive the support they need to reach and exceed grade level goals in reading and math. We welcome parent involvement in planning, review and improvement of Title 1 programs including the family engagement policy and the schoolwide program plan. Please contact Debbie Addison at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
RESIDENCY VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION
Per House Bill 21 community schools are now required to perform a monthly review of student files and randomly select families for residency verification. Please be sure to contact the school immediately in case of an address change. Proof of residency must be submitted within two weeks of an address change. If evidence is not provided, requests for additional documentation or a home visit may occur.