Hope you had a good 4th of July.Yes, I did get my bedroom painted, and I liked the result so much, I decided to do a whole room makeover. I have painted the furniture for that room and and next week I am getting new hardwood flooring. No, I am not installing the floor, but I love a good DIY summer project. I wish I had taken a "before" picture! After picture . . . coming soon. Mike and I are heading to the mountains next week. I hope you have time for some relaxation this summer!
And "Yes, I know that I sometimes repeat myself." In my opinion some things bear repeating. Two examples from this issue - Adobe spark and Piktochart.
And "Yes, I know that this issue is long. Blame ISTE."
Picture source - https://twitter.com/alicekeeler?lang=en
ISTE - International Society of Technology in Education
MAKERSPACES Edition and More!
LAMS and LAHS would like to have a Maker Expo where we displayed things that we have made this year. We are working on a theme around solving a real world problem. I would love to get some input from you. More to come on this idea!
Think Construction! Get Inspired!
Guiding Principles of a Makerspace
- It is OK to fail.
- Breaking things is not a cardinal sin.
- Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate.
Free Infographics Workshop
Tuesday, July 12th, 10:30am-1pm
1 University Park Drive
A new app you have to use this year . . . PIKTOCHART
- Sanagit for Google Chrome - $
- Annotate screenshots easily
- Create screencast videos
- Create an animated GIF (with videos under 20 seconds) Why GIF's? They get your attention!
- Files autosave in Google Drive (be sure to check sharing permissions if you share)
- Educational pricing
Adobe Spark (formerly Adobe Voice) - free
- Available for desktop and iPad
- Create animated Video! (narrated stills too!) Use it to introduce a lesson.
- Use for presentations, reports, etc.
- Have students create. This a great collaborative project.
- Real World Advertising
- Now, wasn't that WAY better than a PowerPoint????
Poster My Wall - free
Google Takeout When you need to package google drive items to take with you offline - free
Answer Garden Ask a question. See the answers appear in a "word garden" (think word cloud.) This would be a great presenter tool. Common answers appear larger. iPad or online - free
Shutterfly Photo Story Classroom - Have students publish their own book. 50% discount off regular Shutterfly site. Works on iPad app or online.
Google Keep - Organize your notes.
Voki Teach - Speaking avatars - Basic is free - Classroom/Teach $$
goo.gl - Shorten URL's
Create your own Interactive Individualized White Board System
Share Google Files
Change the URL ending as follows: (not real links)
email@example.com - source
1. Bombing a Big Test
2. No Opportunities to Revise
3. Too Much Lecturing
4. Poor Understanding
5. Boring Content
6. Lack of Respect for Kids