Welcome to the 2022/23 School Year!
"Let nobody say, just one way is true. There are so many ways that you can be you." - Leonard the Lion
Your teachers and I have been excitedly preparing for you to join us. We are unpacking new math and science materials, new art supplies, and recess equipment - deliveries arrive every day just for you! I hope you had a chance to rest and enjoy time with your families over the summer. Our playground is nearly finished & I cannot wait for us to try it out on the first day! Our new play structure has three slides, a climbing web, and we have a new basketball court too!
I found a wonderful story to begin our 22/23 school year here at Lincoln. I fell in love with the book as soon as I read into the first few pages. This year, we are finalizing a Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion goal for our School Site Plan. We will work with our Lincoln community to reflect on ways to, "Be a Lion." We have been through an incredible journey in the past few years and I think it's time to consider what it means to be a Lion at Lincoln in light of all we have experienced. Ed Vere's book sets a wonderful tone for considering what it means to be a Lion in our classrooms, our school, and the broader community. I love that Leonard loves poetry, quiet thinking, and music. Doesn't that sound like Lincoln already!?! Through this book, I hope we can work with our Lions to identify the best parts of themselves and to consider how we can reflect those qualities in our school so our kids, staff, and families feel in their hearts a strong sense of belonging at Lincoln.
The planning and preparing are a great deal of fun, but truly I cannot wait to see you at the crosswalk, on the playground, and in the classroom. I have missed you!
- Mrs. Afshar
Songs for Lions
Welcome to the Lincoln Team!
I want to extend a warm Lincoln Lions' welcome to our new pride members. As we got to know our new classroom teachers Ms. Singh and Ms. Brock I couldn't believe the connections to our Lincoln team already!
- Sheela Singh will join our team teaching 3rd grade (her favorite grade) in Room 8. Ms. Singh taught for many years in San Francisco (one year teaching together with Ms. Hall) & began with BSD at Washington last year so she could align better with her own family schedule and calendar. Ms. Singh has Burlingame students too!
- Michele Brock will join our team teaching 4th grade in room 18. Ms. Brock taught for many years (mostly 4th grade) in Millbrae and has known Mrs. Sarre & Mrs. Pape since her middle school daughter was in pre-school.
- Becky Rios, RSP is joining us at Lincoln as a highly-regarded, long-time, RSP teacher in Burlingame. We are so glad to have Ms. Rios join our team!
- Ron Faatz, PE will join Lincoln as our PE teacher and has been a veteran part of our Burlingame PE department for some time. Welcome, Mr. Faatz!
- Victor Zerpa, PE is new to BSD & so enthusiastic about helping kids learn to love movement.
- Monika Dharshini, Psychologist -Ms. Dharshini is very excited to join the Lincoln family and community. This is Ms. Dharshini's ninth year as a school psychologist and her second year with Burlingame. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, traveling, and watching movies.
- Jennifer Gordon, Counselor - Ms. Gordon comes to us as an experienced counselor who is eager to build connections and support our Lions throughout their school journey this year.
- Pam Malowe, Counselor- we are excited to have Ms. Malowe join our Lincoln wellness team to also provide counseling and guidance for our students.
- Ms. Roque, Paraeducator will join Lincoln as our paraeducator for our TK class. Ms. Roque is part of our Lincoln community as mom to two Lions at Lincoln.
- Catherine Beltran, Paraeducator - we are excited to welcome Ms. Beltran to provide support for our Lions in our primary grades classrooms.
- TK/Kindergarten has a staggered start throughout September.
- First Day Dismisses at Noon for all students
- School begins at 830a / TK 845a
- School dismisses at 3p / TK 315p
- Tuesday Early Dismissal at 2p
22/23 COVID Updates
- Lincoln is a mask-friendly campus
- Rapid tests by request for home use - BSD sites no longer test at school
- Stay home if sick
Read more in the COVID Updates Newsletter:
Example Timeline for Remaining Home if Positive
Hot Lunch - Free for All Students
- BSD will continue to serve hot meals and grab-and-go morning recess snacks at all sites for free this year.
- Teachers will take a morning lunch count from students daily (no need to complete the Google Form previously used).
- Families can view the meals menu online.
BSD will continue to offer free lunches to *all* students for the 2022/23 school year. It is important to fill out the Free and Reduced Lunch Application if your income is less than or equal to the income guidelines to qualify for the following benefits:
- Secure funding for your school
- Receive discounted utilities
- Childcare through San Mateo County
- Establish eligibility for after-school programs
Medication & Health Plan Forms
Dear Lincoln Families,
Please note form links Authorization for Medication at School Form and Health Plans for:
- Food Allergies
- Cardiac Concerns
Medication forms and emergency health plans are required by the district and must be updated every school year. Feel free to email completed forms to Mrs. Pape email@example.com
Champions Before/After School Care
The Champions Program is located on the campus of Lincoln Elementary School. It provides busy families with flexible care options for Grades K-5 at Lincoln, before and after school.
Our Lincoln Champions Site Director is Ms. Julia Collins firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Champions Area Manager is Brennan Bernardo email@example.com (408)771-6801
Lincoln is a community where all students, staff, and families come together to develop compassionate, creative, and collaborative problem-solvers able to thrive in an ever-changing world.