The Pirate Press
A Weekly Update for Acton Elementary Families
Acton Update - 9/2/22
This morning we had our first AES Huddle of the school year! One of our main goals this year is togetherness - creating meaningful opportunities to be together as a campus! These monthly meetings are for FUN and for culture building! Today we reviewed our AES mission, we learned the GHS Fight Song, and our teachers competed in some minute-to-win-it games! We've been working HARD on procedures these first few weeks!
When you have a chance, ask your student about the golden tray award for cafeteria behavior, the megaphone award for assembly behavior, and the spirit stick award for hallway behavior! Our students are working hard to earn these fun prizes!
Next Monday is LABOR DAY - staff and student holiday! We hope you all enjoy your time together during this long weekend!
Next Tuesday (9/6) is our 5th Grade Parent Meeting/Camp Grady Spruce informational meeting. The meeting will start at 6:00 and should last 45 minutes to an hour. Information from the meeting will be sent out electronically for those unable to make the meeting.
Next Thursday (9/8) is Chick Fil A Spirit Night! 20% of the proceeds go back to AES and the class that buys the most cookies wins a nugget party!
Our AES Spirit Store will close next Thursday (9/8)! If you'd like to order new merch, make sure you get your orders in by then! Check out the online store HERE.
Check out the Specials Newsletter HERE!
ATTENTION!!! Important Information about Grandparent's Day!
All AES visitors will be required to scan a valid Driver's License before entering the building. We are utilizing a "Fast Pass" for Grandparent's Day. This will allow the process of checking into our building to be faster and more efficient for you, while keeping the safety and security of our students and staff the top priority. Here is a link to the FAST PASS. If you've never scanned your ID at Acton Elementary before, you are more than welcome to come by any day before 2:00 PM.
A few REMINDERS:
- Be sure to connect with us on remind: text @aesupdates to 81010.
- Complete the free and reduced lunch form and return ASAP! Here is a link to the online application: www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- If you have an AES staff member you'd like to shout out, please complete this GOOGLE FORM. We love hearing about your positive experiences at AES!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to my via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone @ 817-408-4200.
With love and gratitude,
Upcoming Dates - Semester at a Glance
- September 5th - Student/Staff Holiday
- September 6th - 5th Grade Camp Grady Spruce Meeting (6:00pm - 7:00pm)
- September 8th - Chick Fil A Spirit Night
- September 12th - September 16th - AES Book Fair
- Every Tuesday, September 13th - October 18th - Good News Club until 4:15PM
- September 13th - K-4th Grade Parent Meetings, 5:00 and 6:00
- September 13th - Grandparent's Day Lunch (during regular lunch times)
- September 20th - Back to School Bingo (5:30pm - 7:00pm)
- September 21st - Fall Picture Day
- September 23rd - Staff Day/Student Holiday (End of GP1)
- October 11th - October 13th - 5th Grade to Camp Grady Spruce
- October 14th - Staff Day/Student Holiday
- October 24th - October 28th - Red Ribbon Week
- October 25th - November 3rd - Boosterthon
- October 28th - Staff Day/Student Holiday
- October 31st - Character Costume Day
- November 4th - Staff Day/Student Holiday
- November 17th - Fall Picture Retakes
- November 21st - November 25th - Thanksgiving Break
- December 8th - 9th - Christmas School Store
- December 17th - January 9th - Winter Break
Stay in the know with remind
To sign up for AES Family Updates notifications, text @aesupdates to 81010