As of this moment, SoftChalk is not working in our class. This is one of the components that students use to study and learn the material for each unit. It should be remedied ASAP. I have told students about this and asked them to contact me if they have questions and/or need help with any assignments.
This week we are starting Unit 7, Las Profesiones y Las Carreras (Professions and Careers), and the following assignments are DUE this Friday, April 15 at 11:55 pm. Please note that this Unit has 5 lessons, with lessons 1, 2 and 3 due this Friday.
Required Live classes for Unit 7
My RLC for Unit 7 is today, Monday, April 11 @ 8pm.
Culture Cafe for Extra Credit for Participation Grade
Has your student thought about being a Peer Tutor for NCVPS?
Volunteers are needed for the following areas:
Peer Tutors--Volunteers need strong content knowledge in the courses for which they will tutor, oral and written communication skills, a desire to help others and initiative.
Virtual Buddies--Volunteers need strong organizational and time management skills, high level of motivation and the ability to pass motivation on to others, strong study skills, a desire to help others and initiative. These students do not need to have superior content knowledge. They simply need to be dedicated, conscientious students who are good communicators and diligent in their work.
KEYS TO STUDENTS' SUCCESS
The main keys to being successful are:
- completing all assignments (*well and on time*) (using the Schedule of Assignments), reading the announcements/learning block daily, checking/reading messages daily
- going through the direct instruction and practice as slow as needed to understand the material
- taking/studying notes, reviewing the grades/feedback for all assignments to see what was missed and why
- attending the required live classes
- asking questions when something doesn't make sense and/or more explanation/practice is needed
In addition, to me being available to tutor the whole group in the RLC's, students can set up one-on-one tutoring sessions with me, as needed. NCVPS has a Peer Tutoring Center that is also available to students for Quick Questions, Virtual Buddies, and more.