Why Co-ed sports should be played
Did You Ever Think Of This?
In 1973, there was an argument used by the New Jersey Little League that said that the female athlete is not more likely to get injured than a male athlete. It doesn't make sense.
What about this?
The law states that "no person in the United States shall on the basis of gender be excluded from participation in, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
- That is called Title IX. It is a law,but it doesn't cover sports. Why??
Positives Of Co-ed Sports
- You want to get better, but you don't want to play with boys.
- Co-ed is for you.
- Boys are generally stronger and more aggressive when it comes to sports.
- Not saying that girls are bad, but it is good for girls because they are different and they think differently.
- If you love the sport, you will overcome the want not to play with boys.
Now This Is Why Girls Should Play With Boys
Erin DiMeglio First Female Quarterback In Florida Football History
Erin DiMeglio: First Female Quarterback
The YouTube video above was about Erin, the first female quarterback to play on the Florida team(not professional). She played for the team after halftime and she lead the team to victory with a 31-14 lead. This proves that girls are competitive and that we can fit right in in co-ed sports. We don't need extra protection because we might get hurt, and that was proven by Erin.