Compare and Contrast
Behavioral Therapy vs. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Goals of Treatment
Goals of Both B.T. and C.B.T.
1.Create Personal Choices
2. Client takes an active role in goals of treatment
3. Determine measurable goals and behavior to achieve them
4. Attempt to put goals into actions, ex: Socialize if necessary
5. Social Skills training
6. Conditioning by positive and negative reinforcement
How Goals Can Be Used
1. To promote better behavior by setting goals and sticking to them
2. Learning to make choices and set personal goals
3.Assessing beliefs and how they affect behavior and why those beliefs are present.